Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Elk Lakes Provincial Park is a park located in the Canadian province of British Columbia. The park is situated in the Rocky Mountains, and is adjacent to the Kootenay National Park. The Elk Lakes were formed by glaciers, and are a popular destination for backcountry skiing, fishing, and hiking.
From sunrise to sunset
The Elk Lakes Provincial Park is located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, about a five-hour drive west of Calgary. To get there, take Highway 1 west to the town of Lake Louise. From there, take the Trans-Canada Highway (Highway 1) west to Field and then turn north onto Highway 93. The park is about 60 km north of Field.
The Elk Lakes are a pristine and beautiful area located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies. The lakes are surrounded by towering mountains and lush forests, and offer some of the best hiking and camping in the area. The lakes are also a great place to enjoy nature, with plenty of wildlife to be seen, including deer, elk, and bears.
Elk Lakes Provincial Park is a great place for the whole family. There are plenty of activities to keep everyone busy, including hiking, fishing, and swimming.
The best activities near Elk Lakes in British Columbia are hiking, camping, and fishing.
1. Elk Lakes Provincial Park - A beautiful park with stunning lakes and mountains. There are many hiking trails to explore in the park.
2. Radium Hot Springs - A natural hot springs located near the park. The springs are said to have healing properties and are a popular spot for visitors.
3. Kootenay National Park - A large national park with plenty of hiking and biking trails, as well as opportunities for fishing, camping, and skiing.
4. Columbia Lake - A beautiful lake located near the park with great fishing and boating opportunities.
5. Invermere - A small town located near the park with a variety of shops and restaurants. It is also a great spot for outdoor activities such as fishing, hiking, and skiing.
1. Elk Lakes Resort - This resort offers a variety of dining options, including a pub, a cafe, and a fine dining restaurant.
2. The Trading Post - This restaurant is located in the town of Elkford and offers a variety of Canadian cuisine options.
3. The Grizzly Grill - This restaurant is located in Sparwood and offers a variety of burgers, sandwiches, and salads.
4. The Kootenay Cafe - This cafe is located in Fernie and offers a variety of breakfast and lunch options, including soups, sandwiches, and salads.
5. The Olde World Cafe - This cafe is located in Invermere and offers a variety of breakfast and lunch options, including soups, sandwiches, and salads.