Why visit The Eastern Trail
The Eastern Trail in Maine is a great place to visit because it offers beautiful views of the countryside, as well as plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation. The trail is well-maintained and easy to follow, making it a perfect choice for hikers, cyclists, and horseback riders of all skill levels. In addition to the natural beauty of the area, the trail also passes by several interesting historical sites, including Fort Knox and the Kennebunkport Museum.
Is The Eastern Trail in Maine a good place for the whole family?
The Eastern Trail is a great place for the whole family. There are many different sections of the trail that offer different levels of difficulty, so you can find the perfect one for your family. The trail is also well-maintained and well-marked, so you won't have any trouble finding your way.
Things not to be missed
The best activities near The Eastern Trail in Maine are hiking, biking, and birding. The trail is also great for fishing, picnicking, and nature watching.
The Eastern Trail is a 65-mile long trail that runs from Kittery to South Portland. The trail is open to hikers, cyclists, and horseback riders, and passes through a variety of different landscapes, including forests, marshes, and beaches. There are a number of different activities and attractions near the Eastern Trail in Maine that are worth checking out, including:
1. Kittery Point: Kittery Point is a small town located on the southern tip of Maine. The town is home to a number of different shops and restaurants, as well as the Kittery Historical and Naval Museum.
2. Fort Foster: Fort Foster is a former military fort located in Kittery Point. The fort is now open to the public, and offers a number of different hiking trails and historical exhibits.
3. York Beach: York Beach is a popular beach town located on the coast of Maine. The town is home to a variety of different shops and restaurants, as well as a amusement park and a public beach.
4. Ogunquit: Ogunquit is a popular tourist town located in southern Maine. The town is home to a variety of art galleries, museums, and restaurants, as well as a public beach.
5. Wells Beach: Wells Beach is a popular beach located in Wells, Maine. The beach offers a variety of different activities, including swimming, fishing, and kayaking.
Where to eat?
1. The Eastern Trail Café in Scarborough, Maine. This café is located right on the trail and offers a variety of food options, including sandwiches, salads, soups, and desserts.
2. The Lobster Shack in Cape Elizabeth, Maine. This seafood restaurant is located right on the water and offers a variety of lobster dishes, as well as other seafood favorites.
3. DiMillo’s On the Water in Portland, Maine. This waterfront restaurant offers a wide variety of seafood dishes, as well as steak and chicken options.
4. The Holy Donut in Portland, Maine. This donut shop is known for its unique flavors, such as maple bacon and blueberry bourbon.
5. Duckfat in Portland, Maine. This restaurant is known for its Belgian-style fries, which are made with duck fat and served with a variety of dipping sauces.