Why visit Thunder Hole
The Thunder Hole is a natural wonder located in Acadia National Park in Maine. The hole is a narrow inlet in the coastline that amplifies the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks, creating a thundering noise. The hole is best visited during high tide when the waves are at their strongest.
Is Thunder Hole in Maine a good place for the whole family?
Thunder Hole is a good place for the whole family.
Things not to be missed
The best activities near Thunder Hole in Maine are hiking, biking, and fishing. Do not miss the opportunity to see the waves crashing against the rocks at this beautiful location.
Some of the best activities near Thunder Hole in Maine include hiking, biking, fishing, and whale watching.
Where to eat?
1. The Lobster Shack at Two Lights: This hidden gem is located in Cape Elizabeth and offers stunning views of the ocean. The menu features fresh seafood, including lobster rolls and crab bisque.
2. The Lost Kitchen: This restaurant is located in Freedom, Maine and is only open for dinner. The menu changes daily and features locally sourced ingredients.
3. Arrows Restaurant: This restaurant is located in Ogunquit and offers a unique dining experience. The menu features American cuisine with a twist, and the restaurant is housed in a historic building.
4. Gilbert's Chowder House: This restaurant is located in York and is known for its delicious seafood chowder. The menu also features lobster rolls, crab cakes, and other seafood favorites.
5. Moody's Diner: This diner is located in Waldoboro and is open 24 hours a day. The menu features classic diner fare, including burgers, fries, and milkshakes.