Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Green Mountain Fire Tower is a historic tower located in Green Mountain, New Hampshire. The tower was built in 1922 and was used to watch for and fight fires in the area. The tower is made of steel and has an observation deck that offers views of the surrounding area. The tower is open to the public and is a popular tourist attraction.
From sunrise to sunset
The Green Mountain Fire Tower is located in Green Mountain, New Hampshire. To get to the start of the trails, take Route 116 north from Keene and turn left onto Green Mountain Road. The tower is located at the end of the road.
The Green Mountain Fire Tower is a great place to visit because it offers amazing views of the surrounding area. The tower is located in the White Mountain National Forest, and from the top of the tower, visitors can see for miles in every direction. The tower is also a great place to hike, and it offers a challenging climb up to the top.
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on the family's individual interests and abilities. Some families may find the hike to the fire tower challenging, while others may find it relatively easy. The views from the tower are definitely worth the climb, so it is ultimately up to the family to decide if the hike is worth it.
The best activities near Green Mountain Fire Tower in New Hampshire are hiking, mountain biking, and camping.
1. Hiking the trails around the Green Mountain Fire Tower is a must-do activity. The views from the tower are incredible, and the trails are well-maintained and offer plenty of scenic views.
2. Fishing in the nearby streams is a popular activity, and there are plenty of spots to try your luck.
3. Camping in the area is a great way to enjoy the natural beauty of New Hampshire. There are plenty of campsites available, and most are located close to the hiking trails and fishing spots.
4. Horseback riding is another popular activity in the area. There are several stables that offer horseback riding tours through the forests and hills around Green Mountain Fire Tower.
5. Finally, simply relaxing and taking in the natural beauty of the area is a great way to spend some time near Green Mountain Fire Tower. There are plenty of places to sit and enjoy the view, and the peace and quiet of the forest is a great way to relax and recharge.
1. The Summit House Restaurant - located on the summit of Mount Washington, this restaurant offers stunning views of the surrounding area.
2. The Tipsy Moose - a unique bar and grill located in Lincoln, New Hampshire, that features a variety of Moose-themed dishes and drinks.
3. The Common Man - a popular chain of restaurants in New Hampshire that specializes in fresh, local cuisine.
4. The White Mountain Cider Company - a family-owned business in Lincoln that produces award-winning hard ciders and apple wines.
5. The Flying Monkey Movie House and Performance Center - a unique theater and performance venue in Plymouth that features a wide variety of independent films and live performances.