The Scarface Mountain Trailhead is located in the town of Keene, New York. To get there, take NY-73 west from Keene Valley. The trailhead is located on the left side of the road, just past the summit of Scarface Mountain.
Why visit Scarface Mountain Trailhead
The Scarface Mountain Trailhead is a great place to visit for hikers and nature lovers. The trailhead offers stunning views of the Hudson Valley and the Catskill Mountains. It is also a great place for bird watching, as there are many different species of birds that can be seen in the area. The trailhead is also home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, black bears, and bobcats.
Is Scarface Mountain Trailhead in New York a good place for the whole family?
There is no right or wrong answer to this question as it depends on what the family is looking for in a trailhead. Some families may find Scarface Mountain Trailhead to be a great place to hike and explore, while others may find it to be too challenging or dangerous.
Things not to be missed
The best activities near Scarface Mountain Trailhead in New York are hiking, camping, and fishing.
1. Hiking Scarface Mountain Trail: This is a moderate hike that offers great views of the Hudson Valley.
2. Fishing in the Hudson River: The Hudson River is a great place to fish for trout, bass, and other fish.
3. Kayaking on the Hudson River: The Hudson River is a great place to kayak and enjoy the scenery.
4. Horseback Riding: There are many trails in the area that are perfect for horseback riding.
5. Golfing: There are several golf courses in the area that offer a great golfing experience.
Where to eat?
1. The Boil and Bite - This food truck serves up some of the best Cajun cuisine in the city. Be sure to try their crawfish etouffee!
2. The Dumpling Man - This hole-in-the-wall dumpling shop is a local favorite, and for good reason! They serve up some of the best dumplings in town.
3. Katz's Deli - This iconic New York deli is a must-visit for any food lover. They serve up classic Jewish deli fare like pastrami and corned beef sandwiches.
4. Gray's Papaya - This 24-hour hot dog joint is a New York institution. Be sure to try their famous "papaya" dogs.
5. Shake Shack - This popular burger chain started out as a small food cart in Madison Square Park. If you're looking for a great burger, Shake Shack is the place to go.