The easiest way to get to the start of the trails at the Van Cortlandt Park is to take the 1 train to the last stop, 242nd Street. From there, walk north on Broadway for about a mile until you reach the park entrance.
Why visit Van Cortlandt Park
The Van Cortlandt Park is a large public park located in the Bronx borough of New York City. The park offers a variety of recreational activities, including hiking, biking, fishing, and bird watching. The park also features a nature center, which offers educational programs for visitors of all ages.
Is Van Cortlandt Park in New York a good place for the whole family?
Van Cortlandt Park is a great place for the whole family. There are plenty of activities to keep everyone entertained, including hiking and biking trails, a golf course, a pool, and a nature center.
Things not to be missed
The best activities near Van Cortlandt Park in New York are hiking, biking, and bird watching.
1. Visit the Van Cortlandt House Museum- The Van Cortlandt House Museum is a historic house museum located in Van Cortlandt Park. The museum is open to the public and offers tours of the house and its grounds.
2. Visit the Van Cortlandt Park Golf Course- The Van Cortlandt Park Golf Course is a public golf course located in Van Cortlandt Park. The course offers 18 holes of golf and is open to the public.
3. Visit the Van Cortlandt Park Nature Center- The Van Cortlandt Park Nature Center is a nature center located in Van Cortlandt Park. The nature center offers exhibits on the natural history of the park, as well as educational programs for children and adults.
4. Visit the Van Cortlandt Park Skating Rink- The Van Cortlandt Park Skating Rink is a skating rink located in Van Cortlandt Park. The rink offers ice skating sessions for the public, as well as skate rentals.
5. Visit the Van Cortlandt Park Tennis Courts- The Van Cortlandt Park Tennis Courts are tennis courts located in Van Cortlandt Park. The courts are open to the public and offer tennis lessons and rentals.
Where to eat?
1. The Boathouse at Van Cortlandt Park
2. The Blue Hill Café
3. The Bronx Ale House
4. The Croton Reservoir Tavern
5. The Dutchess County Fairgrounds Farmers Market
6. The Fishkill Farms Stand
7. The Franny’s Farmstand in Brooklyn
8. Greenmarket at Grand Army Plaza
9. Hardscrabble Farm Stand in Poughkeepsie
10. Hudson Valley Garlic Farm