Why visit Killington Ski Area
Killington Ski Area is one of the largest ski resorts in the eastern United States. The resort offers skiing and snowboarding on over 140 trails, as well as terrain parks, cross-country skiing, and snow tubing. Killington also has a variety of restaurants and bars, as well as a ski school and rental shop.
Is Killington Ski Area in Vermont a good place for the whole family?
Killington Ski Area is a great place for the whole family. There are plenty of activities and slopes for all levels of skiers and snowboarders. The resort also has a variety of restaurants and shops, as well as a ski school for those who need some instruction.
Things not to be missed
Near Killington Ski Area in Vermont, the best activities include skiing, snowboarding, and mountain biking. There are also a number of hiking trails in the area, as well as lakes for fishing and swimming.
- Killington Resort: One of the largest ski areas in the east, Killington offers something for everyone with its variety of terrain. There is a large ski school, children's center, and plenty of restaurants and shops on-site.
- Pico Mountain: Just a short drive from Killington, Pico Mountain offers a more intimate ski experience with less crowds and a wider variety of terrain.
- The Vermont Country Store: A quintessential Vermont experience, the Vermont Country Store is a general store that has been in operation since the 1920s. It offers a wide variety of Vermont-made products, as well as a lunch counter and bakery.
- Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory: A must-visit for any ice cream lover, the Ben & Jerry's factory in Waterbury offers free tours and samples of their famous ice cream.
- Shelburne Museum: One of the largest museums in the country, Shelburne Museum is home to a vast collection of art and artifacts from around the world.
Where to eat?
1. The Grist Mill in Killington – This restaurant is located in an old mill and has a great view of the river. They serve American cuisine with a twist.
2. The Foundry in Killington – This restaurant is located in an old foundry and has a great industrial vibe. They serve American cuisine with a twist.
3. The Lookout at Pico – This restaurant is located at the top of Pico Mountain and has amazing views of the valley below. They serve American cuisine with a twist.
4. The Roost at Suicide Six – This restaurant is located at the bottom of Suicide Six ski area and has a cozy cabin vibe. They serve American cuisine with a twist.