Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Mount Uniacke Estate is a historic site located in the Halifax Regional Municipality of Nova Scotia, Canada. The estate was designated a National Historic Site of Canada in 1997.
The estate was originally built by Richard John Uniacke, Jr. (1753-1830), who was the Attorney General of Nova Scotia and a member of the Legislative Assembly. Construction on the estate began in 1798 and continued until 1824. The estate is located on 1,000 acres (4 km²) of land and includes a mansion, stables, gardens, and a lake.
The mansion is a two-storey Georgian style house with nine bedrooms, six bathrooms, and a library. The stables include a carriage house and a blacksmith's shop. The gardens include an orchard, a vegetable garden, and a rose garden. The lake is known as Uniacke Lake.
The Mount Uniacke Estate is open to the public for tours from May to October.
From sunrise to sunset
The Mount Uniacke trails are located in the Mount Uniacke Provincial Park. The park is located in the Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. To get to the park, take Highway 102 to Exit 5. Follow Highway 8 to Mount Uniacke. The park is located on the left side of the road.
The Mount Uniacke Estate Park is a must-see attraction in Nova Scotia. The park is home to the Mount Uniacke Mansion, which was built in 1801 by Richard John Uniacke, Jr. The mansion is open for tours and is a beautiful example of Georgian architecture. The park also features nature trails, picnic areas, and a playground. It's the perfect place to spend a day outdoors with your family.
There is no definitive answer to this question as each family is different and what may be a good place for one family may not be ideal for another. That said, Mount Uniacke is a rural community located in the province of Nova Scotia, Canada. It is known for its natural beauty, with forests, lakes, and rolling hills. There are also plenty of outdoor activities available in the area, such as hiking, fishing, and camping.
The best activities near Mount Uniacke in Nova Scotia are hiking, biking, and fishing.
1. Hiking: There are a number of hiking trails in the area, including the Uniacke Estate Museum Park, which offers beautiful views of the surrounding area.
2. Fishing: The Annapolis River and Lake Uniacke are both great spots for fishing.
3. Golfing: Mount Uniacke is home to the Mount Uniacke Golf Club, which offers an 18-hole course.
4. Horseback Riding: There are a few stables in the area that offer horseback riding lessons and trail rides.
5. Swimming: There are a few swimming holes in the area, including Lake Uniacke and the Annapolis River.
1. The Olde Triangle Pub - Halifax, NS
2. The Wooden Monkey - Halifax, NS
3. The Canteen - Dartmouth, NS
4. Two If By Sea Cafe - Dartmouth, NS
5. The Five Fishermen - Halifax, NS
6. The Rusty Anchor - Bedford, NS
7. The Gorsebrook Lounge - Halifax, NS