Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Mount Waldo trail is a moderate hike that takes you through a beautiful granite quarry and offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside. The trail is well-marked and easy to follow, making it a great choice for hikers of all abilities. The hike begins by following a wide path through a forest of pine and birch trees. After about half a mile, the trail enters the quarry, where you can explore the impressive granite cliffs and boulders. The trail then continues along the ridge of the mountain, providing stunning views of the surrounding countryside. The hike ends with a gentle descent back to the starting point.
From sunrise to sunset
The Mount Waldo trails are located in the town of Frankfort, Maine. To get to the start of the trails, take Route 1 north from Belfast or south from Bangor. In the town of Frankfort, take a left onto Quarry Road. The trailhead is located at the end of the road.
The Mount Waldo (Quarry trail) in Maine is a great place to visit because it offers beautiful views of the surrounding area, and it is a great place for hiking and biking. The trail is also very well maintained, which makes it a great option for those who are looking for a scenic hike.
There is no one definitive answer to this question. It depends on the family's individual interests and abilities. Some families might find the Quarry Trail a great place for a nature hike, while others might find it too challenging.
The best activities near Mount Waldo (Quarry trail) in Maine are hiking and sightseeing. A bref description not to be missed is the stunning view from the summit.
1. Hiking - The Quarry Trail is a great hike for all levels of hikers. The trail is mostly flat with a few small hills, and the views of Mount Waldo and the surrounding area are amazing.
2. Picnicking - There are several great spots along the Quarry Trail to stop and have a picnic lunch. The views are beautiful, and there is plenty of room to spread out and enjoy a meal.
3. Wildlife Viewing - The Quarry Trail is a great place to see wildlife. There are deer, moose, and other animals that can be seen in the area, and it is a great opportunity to get up close and personal with nature.
4. Fishing - The Quarry Trail is a great place to go fishing. There are several ponds and streams in the area that are perfect for fishing, and the scenery makes for an enjoyable experience.
5. Swimming - The Quarry Trail is also a great place to go swimming. There are several ponds and streams in the area that are perfect for swimming, and the scenery makes for an enjoyable experience.
1. The Lost Kitchen, Freedom
2. The Farmhouse Inn, Lincolnville
3. Primo, Rockland
4. Union River Lobster Co., Ellsworth
5. Arrows Restaurant, Ogunquit
6. Earth at Hidden Pond, Kennebunk
7. Fore Street, Portland
8. Arrows Restaurant, Ogunquit