Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Ashokan Reservoir is a man-made reservoir in Ulster County, New York. The reservoir was created in the early 20th century by damming the Esopus Creek. The reservoir has a capacity of 122,000 acre-feet and a surface area of 4,500 acres. It is the largest reservoir in the Catskill Mountains. The Ashokan Reservoir is a popular destination for fishing, boating, and swimming.
From sunrise to sunset
The Ashokan Reservoir is located in Ulster County, New York. To get to the start of the trails, take NY 28 west from Kingston. The reservoir will be on your right.
The Ashokan Reservoir is a beautiful place to visit in New York. The reservoir is located in the Catskill Mountains and it is a great place to go fishing, hiking, or camping. The reservoir is also a great place to go for a scenic drive.
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on what the family is looking for in a vacation spot. Some people might find the reservoir's natural beauty appealing, while others might prefer a more bustling environment with more activities to choose from.
The best activities near Ashokan Reservoir in New York are hiking, biking, and fishing.
1. Hiking: There are plenty of hiking trails near the Ashokan Reservoir, offering beautiful views of the water and the surrounding countryside.
2. Fishing: The reservoir is a popular spot for fishing, with plenty of trout and bass to be caught.
3. Boating: Visitors can enjoy boating on the reservoir, with a variety of boat rentals available.
4. Swimming: The reservoir is a great place to take a swim on a hot day.
5. Camping: There are several campsites near the reservoir where visitors can camp overnight.
1. The Boathouse at Ashokan Reservoir
2. The View at Mohonk Mountain House
3. The Roundhouse at Belleayre Mountain
4. The Alpine Lodge at Belleayre Mountain
5. The Catskill Mountain House