Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Roundtop is a mountain located in the Catskill Mountains of New York. The mountain is part of the Slide Mountain Wilderness Area and is managed by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. The mountain has an elevation of 3,842 feet (1,173 meters) and is the eighth-highest peak in the Catskills. The mountain is a popular destination for hikers, climbers, and skiers.
From sunrise to sunset
The Roundtop trails are located in the town of New York, in Herkimer County, New York. To get to the start of the trails, take NY-8N north from the village of New York Mills. The trailhead is located on the left side of the road, just past the junction with NY-29.
The Roundtop is a mountain located in the Catskill Mountains of New York. The mountain is part of the Slide Mountain Wilderness Area and offers hikers beautiful views of the surrounding area. The mountain can be accessed from several different trails, including the Devil's Path, which is considered to be one of the most difficult trails in the area.
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on what each family is looking for in a vacation spot. Some families might find Roundtop to be a great place to spend time together, while others may prefer a destination that offers more activities and amenities specifically tailored to children.
Near Roundtop in New York, there are a lot of great activities and attractions to enjoy. Some of the best include hiking in the Catskills Mountains, visiting the nearby towns of Woodstock and Saugerties, and exploring the beautiful scenery at Olana State Historic Site.
1. Hiking: There are plenty of hiking trails in the area that offer beautiful views of the surrounding landscape.
2. Horseback Riding: Enjoy a scenic ride through the countryside on horseback.
3. Fishing: Roundtop is home to some excellent fishing spots, so be sure to bring your tackle box!
4. Golfing: There are several golf courses in the area that offer challenging layouts and stunning scenery.
5. Sightseeing: Take in the natural beauty of the area with a drive or hike through the forests and hills.
1. The Boilery: This Cajun-inspired spot serves up seafood boils with all the fixings.
2. The Meatball Shop: This popular spot is known for its delicious meatballs in a variety of flavors.
3. Katz's Deli: This iconic New York deli is a must-visit for any food lover.
4. Shake Shack: This popular burger chain is a must-try for anyone visiting New York City.
5. Grimaldi's Pizza: This legendary pizza spot is a must-visit for any pizza lover.