Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Château de la Bancalié is located in Occitania, a few kilometers from Toulouse. Built in the 12th century, it is one of the oldest castles in the region. It was restored in the 19th century and is now open to the public.
The castle consists of a square keep, flanked by four round towers, and a rectangular main building. The walls are pierced with loopholes and mullioned windows. The roof is covered with glazed tiles.
The keep houses a vaulted room and a chapel. The main building includes a large hall with a fireplace, a living room, a library and six bedrooms.
The Château de la Bancalié is a fine example of the medieval architectural style in Occitania.
From sunrise to sunset
The trailhead of the Château de la Bancalié is located in Saint-Étienne-de-Gourgas, in the Occitanie region.
The Château de la Bancalié is located in the Occitanie region of France. It is easily accessible from Toulouse and Carcassonne. This fortified castle dates from the 12th century and was restored in the 19th century. It is surrounded by a beautiful park with a superb view of the Pyrenees. The castle is open to visitors and offers animations for all audiences.
The best activities to do near Chateau de la Bancalié in Occitania are visiting the castle, hiking and biking. Visiting the castle is interesting because it allows you to discover the history of this place and the different modifications it has undergone over the centuries. Hiking is a pleasant activity that allows you to discover the surrounding nature and landscapes. Cycling is also a good option as it makes it easy to get around and enjoy the quiet roads surrounding the castle.
Activities not to be missed:
-The Bancalié castle itself
-The surrounding forest
-The surrounding villages
1. In the heart of the forest, discover the restaurant L'Auberge des Pins. Nestled among the pines, this restaurant offers traditional and refined cuisine.
2. For an unforgettable culinary experience, head to L'Oustalet restaurant. Located in an idyllic setting, this restaurant offers gourmet cuisine based on fresh and local products.
3. To discover the flavors of the region, go to the restaurant La Table du Berger. Located in the middle of nature, this restaurant offers traditional and authentic cuisine.
4. To discover local specialties, go to the restaurant La Ferme Auberge du Mas de l'Abeille. Located in a country setting, this restaurant offers gourmet and refined cuisine.
5. To taste the best dishes of the region, go to the restaurant L'Étable du Château. Located in an exceptional setting, this restaurant offers gourmet and refined cuisine.