Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Grands Causses Regional Nature Park is located in the south of France, in Occitania. It covers an area of more than 2,000 km² and is composed of three main areas: the Causses, the Cevennes and the Larzac. These mountainous landscapes offer a wide variety of landscapes, ranging from limestone plateaus to holm oak forests, through gorges and perched villages.
The Park is an ideal place for hiking and nature discovery. There is a rich fauna and flora, as well as many historical and cultural sites. Lovers of nature and outdoor activities will be delighted!
From sunrise to sunset
The trailhead for the Grands Causses Regional Nature Park is located in Saint-Chély-d'Aubrac, in the Occitanie region.
The Grands Causses Regional Nature Park is located in Occitania, and more precisely in the Aveyron department. It covers an area of more than 9,000 hectares and is composed of three main areas: the Causses, the Tarn Gorges and the Cevennes. These varied and magnificent landscapes make the Regional Natural Park of the Grands Causses an ideal place for hiking and nature discovery. In addition, it is home to many protected animal and plant species, making it an exceptional site not to be missed.
The activities to do around the Grands Causses Regional Natural Park are numerous! In particular, one can practice hiking, climbing, canoeing, kayaking or mountain biking. In addition, this area offers a great view of the surrounding landscapes.
Activities not to be missed near Parc naturel régional des Grands Causses in Occitanie include hiking, biking, climbing and caving. Things not to miss include spectacular scenery, picturesque villages and caves.
1. In the heart of nature, discover the tables d'hôtes at La Ferme des Oliviers bed and breakfast. Nestled in the hollow of the Larzac hills, this magical place offers authentic and refined cuisine made from local products.
2. For an unforgettable taste experience, head to the Auberge du Pèlerin, located just a few kilometers from the Grands Causses Regional Nature Park. This gourmet restaurant offers inventive and creative cuisine, featuring local products.
3. For a meal in the middle of nature, stop by the Refuge de Sainte-Énimie, located at the gates of the Grands Causses Regional Natural Park. This charming refuge offers traditional and tasty cuisine, made from mountain products.
4. To discover the flavors of the region, take a trip to the restaurant L'Auberge du Pont de Montvert, located on the banks of the Tarn. This must-see place offers local and traditional cuisine, featuring local products.
5. For an unusual meal, go to the restaurant La Table des Moines, located in the monastery of Saint-Benoît-du-Lac. This atypical place offers refined and elegant cuisine, made from forest and mountain products.