Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Haut-Languedoc Regional Nature Park is located in the Hérault department in Occitanie. It covers an area of nearly 9,000 hectares and is composed of three main areas: the Montagne Noire, the Cévennes and the Languedoc plain.
The Haut-Languedoc Regional Nature Park is a protected natural area that is home to a rich and varied fauna and flora. In particular, one can find animal species such as the wolf, the lynx or the chamois, as well as plant species such as holm oak, juniper or rosemary.
The Haut-Languedoc Regional Natural Park is also an important cultural space. There are many picturesque villages and historical sites such as Carcassonne, Montpellier or Nîmes.
From sunrise to sunset
The trailhead for the Haut-Languedoc Regional Nature Park is located in Saint-Pons-de-Thomières, in the Occitanie region.
The Haut-Languedoc Regional Nature Park is located in the Occitanie region of France. It is made up of several mountain massifs and valleys that offer a wide variety of landscapes. Nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts will be delighted, as the park offers numerous hiking and biking trails, as well as climbing and canoeing sites. The picturesque villages and medieval castles that dot the territory are also worth discovering.
The activities to do near the Haut-Languedoc Regional Natural Park are numerous! There's hiking and horseback riding, biking and horseback riding, water sports on Lake Salagou and the Lergue River, visits to typical villages and castles, and don't forget tasting regional products!
Activities not to be missed near Parc naturel régional du Haut-Languedoc in Occitanie include hiking, biking, climbing and swimming. Things not to miss include picturesque villages, spectacular views and outdoor activities.
1. In the heart of the park, La Bergerie restaurant offers traditional, local cuisine.
2. A few kilometers from the park, discover the restaurant L'Auberge de Pays in Cessenon-sur-Orb. A gastronomic and refined cuisine awaits you.
3. For lovers of local products, head to the restaurant Le Bistrot des Saveurs in Saint-Pons-de-Thomières.
4. If you prefer Italian specialties, head to La Trattoria restaurant in Olonzac.
5. To end on a high note, the gourmet restaurant L'Oustalet in Cazouls-les-Béziers will satisfy you.