Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The African Reserve of Sigean is located in Occitania, in the Languedoc-Roussillon-Midi-Pyrénées region. It consists of more than 10,000 hectares of protected wilderness, where a wide variety of African animals live. These include lions, elephants, zebras and giraffes.
The park is open all year round and offers many activities for visitors, such as driving and walking safaris, shows with the animals and workshops to discover the local fauna and flora. It is also possible to sleep on site, in one of the park's bungalows.
The African Reserve of Sigean is an ideal place to reconnect with nature and discover the African fauna and flora.
From sunrise to sunset
The trailhead for the Réserve Africaine de Sigean is at the park entrance, on the right.
The African Reserve of Sigean is a magnificent animal park located in Occitania, which offers you to discover a wide variety of wild animals. In particular, you will be able to admire lions, elephants, giraffes and zebras, and this in a natural and authentic setting. In addition, the park also has a zoo where you can see many domestic animals, as well as an aquarium where you can admire sumptuous tropical fish.
The 4x4 Safari is an activity not to be missed near African Reserve of Sigean. You will have the opportunity to discover the fauna and flora of the park through the varied landscapes it offers.
- The African Reserve of Sigean is a wildlife park located in Occitania, in the department of Aude.
- The park offers a wide variety of wild animals, including lions, elephants, giraffes and zebras.
- It is possible to go on walking or driving safaris to view the animals.
- There is also a zoo with domestic animals, an aquarium and a planetarium.
- The park is open daily from 9:00 am to 6:30 pm in July and August, and from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm the rest of the year.
1. In the heart of Sigean's African reserve, discover the restaurant L'Oasis which offers refined and authentic cuisine.
2. A few minutes from the reserve, head to Port-la-Nouvelle to discover the restaurant La Marine, which offers traditional and local cuisine.
3. A few kilometers from the reserve, head to Cuxac-d'Aude to discover the restaurant L'Embarcadère, which offers gourmet and refined cuisine.