Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Mercantour is a national park located in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur. It consists of six mountain ranges and several valleys. Its landscapes are varied, ranging from forests to meadows to glaciers and lakes. The park is also rich in fauna and flora, including rare species such as the wolf or the chamois. It is frequented by many tourists, who come in particular for hiking or skiing.
From sunrise to sunset
The trailhead of the Mercantour National Park is in Saint-Martin-Vésubie, in the Alpes-Maritimes.
The Mercantour National Park is located in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur and is one of the most beautiful national parks in France. It consists of mountains, forests and valleys and offers many opportunities for hiking and sporting activities. The fauna and flora are very rich and the landscapes varied, which makes it an ideal place to recharge.
The activities to do near the Mercantour National Park are numerous and varied. Nature lovers will be able to walk along the hiking or biking trails, visit the typical villages of the region, or go rafting or rock climbing. For those who prefer more cultural activities, there is also plenty to do: visit museums and castles, attend concerts or festivals, or taste local specialties.
Activities not to be missed near Mercantour National Park in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur include hiking, climbing, mountain biking and canoeing. Things not to miss include the historic villages of Saint-Martin-Vésubie and Gorbio, as well as the spectacular scenery of Mercantour National Park.
1. In the heart of the Mercantour National Park, the Madone de Fenestre refuge is an atypical place to have lunch. Nestled at an altitude of over 2,000 meters, this refuge offers traditional and tasty cuisine.
2. For lovers of fresh and local products, the Forcalquier market is the ideal place to eat. Located in the heart of the city, this market offers a wide variety of regional products.
3. A few kilometers from Forcalquier, the farm inn La Ferme des Alpes is a must for tasting local specialties. Set in the heart of a beautiful landscape, this farm inn offers refined and authentic cuisine.
4. For lovers of good food, the restaurant L'Auberge du Vieux Château in Entrevaux is the address not to be missed. Located at the foot of the Entrevaux castle, this restaurant offers gastronomic and refined cuisine.
5. For lovers of organic and local products, the restaurant La Cantine du Père Thierry in Saint-Martin-Vésubie is the ideal place. Housed in an old school, this restaurant offers simple and tasty cuisine.