Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Luberon is a mountainous massif located in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur. It is made up of sedimentary rocks and limestone. Its highest point is Mont Ventoux, which rises to an altitude of 1,912 meters. The Luberon is a regional natural park since 1984.
The Luberon regional natural park is a protected area of 4,000 hectares. It is made up of forests, garrigues, meadows and typical villages of Provence. There are also many tourist sites, such as Apt, Gordes, Roussillon or Bonnieux.
The Luberon is a popular tourist destination in summer. Hiking and cycling enthusiasts are spoilt for choice to discover the park's landscapes. The villages of the Luberon are also very lively in the summer and offer many possibilities for dining and accommodation.
From sunrise to sunset
The trailhead for the Luberon Regional Nature Park is in Gordes, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur.
The Luberon Regional Nature Park is located in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur. It consists of mountains, hills and valleys that are home to a rich and varied fauna and flora. One finds there in particular oaks, pines, olive trees and lavenders. The park is also rich in picturesque villages, such as Gordes, Roussillon or Bonnieux.
The best activities to do near Luberon Regional Nature Park are hiking, biking and visiting the perched villages. Don't miss the villages of Gordes, Roussillon and Bonnieux, which offer beautiful views of the Luberon landscape.
The must-do activities near Luberon Regional Natural Park in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur include hiking, biking, visiting villages and castles, and tasting regional products.
1. In the heart of the Luberon, in Gordes, discover the restaurant L'Auberge de Gordes. Nestled in the hollow of the rocks, this magical place offers refined gastronomic cuisine.
2. A few minutes from Gordes, head to Roussillon and its incredible checkerboard village. The restaurant La Table de Roussillon is installed in an old sheepfold and offers you a traditional and gourmet cuisine.
3. For lovers of local products, head to Bonnieux and the restaurant Aux Vieilles Pierres. This small establishment offers a simple and authentic cuisine, based on local products.
4. A few kilometers from Bonnieux, head to Lacoste and the restaurant L'Oustalet. This charming restaurant is installed in an old sheepfold and offers traditional and gourmet cuisine.
5. To end your journey in the Luberon in style, head to Menerbes and the restaurant La Table du Marchand. Nestled in the heart of the village, this gourmet restaurant offers refined and inventive cuisine.