Why visit Mt Bigelow
The Bigelow Mountain in Maine is a great place to visit because of its stunning views, interesting history, and diverse wildlife. The mountain is the highest peak in the state, and offers hikers and climbers some of the best views in Maine. The mountain is also home to a variety of wildlife, including black bears, moose, deer, and bobcats. Visitors can also explore the area's rich history, including the remains of an old fire tower and the ruins of a former ski resort.
Is Bigelow Mountain in Maine a good place for the whole family?
There is no definitive answer to this question since what may be a good place for one family may not be ideal for another. That said, Bigelow Mountain in Maine is a great place for outdoor enthusiasts of all ages. The mountain offers plenty of hiking and camping opportunities, as well as stunning views of the surrounding area.
Things not to be missed
The best activities near Bigelow Mountain in Maine include hiking, camping, fishing, and skiing. Some things not to be missed include the scenic views from the summit of the mountain, the many lakes and ponds in the area, and the opportunity to see wildlife in its natural habitat.
1. Hiking - Bigelow Mountain is a great place for a hike with its many trails that offer beautiful views of the surrounding area.
2. Fishing - The Androscoggin River, which flows near Bigelow Mountain, is a great place to fish for trout.
3. Camping - There are several campsites in the area that offer great opportunities for camping and enjoying the natural beauty of Maine.
4. Wildlife Viewing - Bigelow Mountain is home to a variety of wildlife, including black bears, moose, and deer, so be sure to keep your eyes open while hiking or camping in the area.
Where to eat?
1. The Lobster Pound, West Boothbay Harbor
2. Thurston's Lobster Pound, Belfast
3. Moody's Diner, Waldoboro
4. Jordan's Snack Bar, Ellsworth
5. The Galley Restaurant, Southwest Harbor
6. Gilbert's Chowder House, Portland
7. DiMillo's on the Water, Portland
8. The Bite Into Maine food truck, Portland