Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Highland Research Forest is a 1,500 acre forest in Maine that is owned and operated by the University of Maine. The forest is used for research on forest ecology, management, and wildlife. The forest has a wide variety of tree species, including sugar maple, white pine, red spruce, and eastern hemlock. There are also a number of rare plant species in the forest, including pink lady's slipper and showy orchis. The forest is home to a variety of wildlife, including black bears, moose, and bobcats.
From sunrise to sunset
The Highland Research Forest is located in Rumford, Maine. To get to the start of the trails, take exit 37 off of I-95 and head east on Route 2. The forest will be on your right.
The Highland Research Forest in Maine is a great place to visit for a variety of reasons. The forest is home to a wide variety of plant and animal life, and is a great place for hiking and nature photography. The forest is also home to several research facilities, which offer educational tours.
Highland Research Forest is a great place for the whole family. There are plenty of activities to keep everyone entertained, including hiking, biking, and fishing.
There are plenty of activities and things to do near Highland Research Forest in Maine. Some of the best include hiking and biking on the many trails in the area, fishing in the many nearby lakes and rivers, and camping in the beautiful forests. There are also plenty of small towns nearby with shops and restaurants, as well as museums and other attractions.
1. Hiking: The forest has a number of hiking trails, ranging from easy to difficult.
2. Fishing: The forest is home to a number of trout streams, making it a popular spot for fishing.
3. Hunting: The forest is open to hunting during certain times of the year.
4. Camping: The forest has a number of campsites available for camping.
5. Picnicking: There are a number of picnic areas in the forest where visitors can enjoy a meal outdoors.
1. The Breakwater Inn in Rockland is a hidden gem of a restaurant. It's located in a small building on the edge of the harbor, and the menu features fresh seafood dishes.
2. The Lobster Pound in Lincolnville is another great seafood spot, and it's located right on the water. They serve up some of the best lobster in the state.
3. The Farmhouse Inn in Kennebunkport is a beautiful bed and breakfast with an excellent restaurant. The menu features locally sourced ingredients, and the dishes are absolutely delicious.
4. The Black Birch Restaurant in Kittery is a small, intimate restaurant with a creative menu. The food is outstanding, and it's definitely worth a visit.
5. The Union River Lobster Pot in Ellsworth is a casual seafood restaurant with a great selection of lobster dishes. It's a perfect place to enjoy fresh seafood while overlooking the river.