Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Jimmy Dolan Notch Trail is a moderate-level hiking trail located in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York. The trail begins at the Elk Lake Parking Area and winds its way up to the summit of Mt. Marcy, the highest peak in New York State. The hike is approximately 17 miles long, and takes most hikers between 8 and 10 hours to complete. The trail is well-marked and relatively easy to follow, although there are a few steep sections that can be challenging for novice hikers. The views from the summit of Mt. Marcy are simply breathtaking, and well worth the effort it takes to reach the top.
From sunrise to sunset
The Jimmy Dolan Notch Trail is located in the Adirondack Mountains in New York. To get to the start of the trails, take exit 29 from Route 87 and drive east on Route 9N for about 16 miles. The trailhead will be on your left.
The Jimmy Dolan Notch Trail is a great hike for anyone looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. The trail climbs steeply up to the summit of Mount Marcy, the highest peak in New York, and offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape. The hike is long and strenuous, but the sense of accomplishment you feel when you reach the top is well worth it.
There is no right or wrong answer to this question since it depends on the family's individual preferences and abilities. That said, the Jimmy Dolan Notch Trail is a moderate hike that is generally considered to be family-friendly. It is important to keep in mind, however, that some sections of the trail can be steep and challenging, so hikers should be prepared for some uphill climbs.
The best activities near Jimmy Dolan Notch Trail in New York are hiking, camping, and fishing.
1. Hiking: The Jimmy Dolan Notch Trail is a great place for a hike with beautiful views of the Hudson Valley.
2. Fishing: The Hudson River is a great place to fish for trout and other fish.
3. Boating: The Hudson River is a great place to boat, with many marinas and boat launches available.
4. Camping: There are several campgrounds near the Jimmy Dolan Notch Trail where you can camp overnight.
5. Horseback Riding: There are several horseback riding trails near the Jimmy Dolan Notch Trail.
1. The Boilery in Rosendale, NY
2. The Dutch Barn in Accord, NY
3. The Gilded Otter in New Paltz, NY
4. The Grange in Accord, NY
5. The Inn at Stone Ridge in Stone Ridge, NY
6. The Mohonk Mountain House in New Paltz, NY
7. The Olde Mill Inn in Marlboro, NY
8. The Roost in High Falls, NY
9. The Spring Lake Inn in High Falls, NY