The easiest way to get to the start of the trails at Pelham Bay Park is to take the 6 train to the last stop, Pelham Bay Park. From there, it's a short walk to the park entrance.
Why visit Pelham Bay Park
The Pelham Bay Park is a huge park located in the Bronx, New York. The park is over 3000 acres big, making it the largest park in New York City. The park has a lot to offer visitors, including a nature center, fishing areas, a golf course, playgrounds, and more. The park is also home to the Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum, which is a historic mansion that is open to the public.
Is Pelham Bay Park in New York a good place for the whole family?
Yes, Pelham Bay Park is a great place for the whole family. There are plenty of activities to keep everyone entertained, including playgrounds, bike paths, and a nature center.
Things not to be missed
The best activities near Pelham Bay Park in New York are fishing, hiking, and biking. Pelham Bay Park is also home to Orchard Beach, which is a great spot for swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking.
1. Pelham Bay Park- This park is huge and has something for everyone. There are bike and jogging trails, a golf course, a nature center, playgrounds, and more.
2. Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum- This museum is on the grounds of a historic estate and tells the story of the Pell family who lived there.
3. Orchard Beach- This beach is one of the largest in New York City and is perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and relaxing.
4. City Island- This small island is a charming fishing village with restaurants, shops, and a lighthouse.
5. Bronx Zoo- This world-famous zoo is home to over 6,000 animals from around the world.
Where to eat?
1. The Boathouse at Pelham Bay Park
2. The Crab House
3. The Lobster Pot
4. The Old Mill Inn
5. The River Café