Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Gem Lakes are a series of pristine, clear lakes located in the heart of Saskatchewan's pristine wilderness. The lakes are surrounded by lush forest and rolling hills, and are a popular destination for fishing, camping, and hiking. The lakes are well known for their excellent fishing, with walleye, northern pike, and trout being the most common catches. There are also several excellent campgrounds in the area, as well as miles of hiking trails that wind through the forests and hills.
From sunrise to sunset
The Gem Lakes are located in the Qu'Appelle Valley, about an hour's drive northeast of Regina. From Regina, take Highway 1 east to Highway 6. Turn north on Highway 6 and drive for about 30 minutes until you reach the town of Lumsden. From Lumsden, drive east on Highway 10 for about 20 minutes until you reach the Gem Lakes parking lot.
The Gem Lakes are a series of three interconnected lakes in Saskatchewan, Canada. The lakes are known for their clear turquoise waters and the large number of gemstones that can be found there. The lakes are a popular tourist destination, and offer a variety of activities including fishing, swimming, boating, and hiking.
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on what each family is looking for in a vacation spot. Some families might find Gem Lakes to be a great place to spend time together, while others may find that there is not enough to do in the area.
The best activities near Gem Lakes in Saskatchewan are fishing, hiking, and camping.
-Hiking the trails around the Gem Lakes is a must-do activity. The lakes are beautiful and the trails are well-maintained, making for a great hike.
-Fishing is another popular activity at the Gem Lakes. The lakes are stocked with fish, so there is plenty of opportunity to catch a big one.
-Boating and swimming are also popular activities at the Gem Lakes. The lakes are large and provide plenty of room for swimming and boating.
1. The Blue Dog in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan is a hidden gem of a restaurant. It's an unassuming little place on the edge of town, but the food is amazing. They serve up a variety of dishes, from traditional Canadian fare to more exotic options like Thai curries. The Blue Dog is definitely worth a visit if you're looking for a unique and delicious dining experience.
2. The Prairie Berry Winery in Saskatoon is another great option for those looking for something different. This winery offers a variety of wine tastings as well as a delicious menu of food options. They have everything from sandwiches and salads to pizza and desserts, so there's something for everyone. And if you're feeling adventurous, they also have a few unique dishes like elk and bison burgers.
3. If you're looking for a great place to eat near Gem Lakes, then the Village Green Bistro is definitely worth checking out. This charming little bistro serves up a variety of delicious dishes, from soups and salads to pizzas and pastas. They also have a great selection of desserts, so be sure to save room for dessert!
4. The German Cultural Centre in Saskatoon is a great place to go if you're looking for some good German food. They serve up a variety of traditional German dishes, from schnitzels and sausages to strudels and apple cake. And if you're feeling thirsty, they also have a variety of beers on tap.
5. The Broadway Roastery in Saskatoon is the perfect place to go if you're looking for some good coffee and baked goods. This cozy little cafe serves up a variety of fresh baked goods, from cookies and muffins to croissants and cakes. And if you're in the mood for something hot, they also have a variety of coffee drinks available.