Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Piper Mountain is a mountain located in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. It is part of the Presidential Range, and is the sixth-highest peak in the range. The mountain is named for James J. Piper, who was killed in an avalanche on the mountain in 1849.
The mountain is a popular destination for hikers, and has a number of trails that lead to the summit. The most popular route is the Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail, which begins at the AMC Highland Center in Crawford Notch. The trail climbs steeply up the side of the mountain, and is strenuous in places. The summit offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
The Piper Mountain is also a popular destination for skiers and snowboarders. The mountain has a number of ski trails that offer a variety of challenges for skiers and snowboarders of all levels. The ski area is open from December to March, and features a terrain park, a half pipe, and a number of ski lifts.
From sunrise to sunset
The Piper Mountain trails are located in the town of Groton, New Hampshire. From Interstate 93, take exit 23 and head east on Route 3 for about 9 miles. Turn left onto Piper Mountain Road and drive about 1.5 miles to the trailhead parking area on the right.
The Piper Mountain in New Hampshire is a great place to visit because of its stunning views and diverse landscape. The mountain is covered in forests, which make for great hiking trails, and there are also open areas with great views of the surrounding countryside. The mountain is also home to a number of interesting geological features, such as caves and cliffs.
There is no definitive answer to this question since Piper Mountain is a large park with a variety of different activities and areas that can appeal to people of all ages. Some families may find the park to be perfect, while others may find that there are specific areas or activities that are more suitable for their needs.
The best activities near Piper Mountain in New Hampshire include hiking, camping, and fishing.
1. Hiking - The trails at Piper Mountain are perfect for a day of hiking. With varying levels of difficulty, there is something for everyone.
2. Picnicking - There are plenty of spots to spread out a blanket and enjoy a picnic lunch at Piper Mountain.
3. Birdwatching - This area is home to a variety of birds, making it the perfect spot for birdwatching enthusiasts.
4. Fishing - The brook that runs through Piper Mountain is a great spot for fishing.
5. Swimming - The swimming hole at the base of Piper Mountain is a popular spot on hot summer days.
1. The Alpine Club of New Hampshire- This club is located on the summit of Mount Washington and offers some of the most unique and amazing views of the surrounding area. They serve a variety of dishes, including sandwiches, soups, salads, and desserts.
2. The Tipsy Moose- This restaurant is located in Lincoln, New Hampshire and is known for their delicious pizza. They also have a wide variety of other dishes, including sandwiches, pasta, and salads.
3. The Common Man- This restaurant is located in Concord, New Hampshire and is known for their fresh and local ingredients. They have a variety of dishes to choose from, including sandwiches, burgers, pizza, and pasta.
4. Hart’s Turkey Farm- This farm is located in Meredith, New Hampshire and is known for their delicious Thanksgiving dinner. They also have a variety of other dishes available, including sandwiches, salads, and desserts.