Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The summit of South Mountain is the highest point in Pawtuckaway State Park, at 908 feet (277 meters) above sea level. The summit is a rocky outcrop, with views in all directions. To the north are the rolling hills of the Piscataqua River valley; to the east are the forested ridges of the Manchester-Concord area; to the south are the peaks of the Ossipee Mountains; and to the west are the lakes and forests of central New Hampshire.
From sunrise to sunset
The trails at the South Mountain Summit, Pawtuckaway State Park. in New Hampshire can be accessed from the south entrance of the park.
The South Mountain Summit in Pawtuckaway State Park is a great place to visit for its views of the surrounding area. The summit is the highest point in the park, and from there you can see Mount Monadnock, the White Mountains, and the Boston skyline. The summit is also a great place to hike, with trails that lead to other scenic spots in the park.
There is no definitive answer to this question since what may be a good place for one family may not be good for another. That said, Pawtuckaway State Park is a large park with plenty of outdoor activities available, so it could be a good place for a family outing.
The best activities near South Mountain Summit, Pawtuckaway State Park. in New Hampshire are hiking, camping, and fishing.
1. Hiking: There are a number of hiking trails at Pawtuckaway State Park, including the popular Pinnacle Trail. This challenging hike offers stunning views from the summit.
2. Fishing: The park offers excellent fishing opportunities for bass, trout, and salmon.
3. Swimming: The park's beach is a great place to cool off in the summer months.
4. Camping: Pawtuckaway State Park offers campsites for both tents and RVs.
5. Picnicking: There are several picnic areas in the park, each with tables and grills.
1. The Summit House Restaurant - located on the summit of South Mountain, this restaurant offers stunning views of the surrounding area. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and have a wide variety of dishes to choose from.
2. The Pawtuckaway Tavern - also located in Pawtuckaway State Park, this tavern is known for its delicious pub food. They have a wide variety of burgers, sandwiches, and salads, as well as a large selection of beers on tap.
3. The Flying Goose Brew Pub - located in New London, NH, this brew pub is known for its excellent food and craft beers. They have a wide variety of dishes to choose from, including pizzas, sandwiches, and salads. They also have a large selection of beers on tap.
4. The Stone Church - located in Concord, NH, this restaurant is known for its excellent food and live music. They have a wide variety of dishes to choose from, including pizzas, sandwiches, and salads. They also have a large selection of beers on tap.