Why visit White Mountain National Forest
The White Mountain National Forest is a beautiful and diverse area that offers something for everyone. The forest is home to hundreds of miles of hiking trails, including the Appalachian Trail, as well as camping, fishing, and skiing opportunities. The White Mountains are also a great place to see fall foliage.
Is White Mountain National Forest in New Hampshire a good place for the whole family?
Yes, the White Mountain National Forest is a great place for the whole family. There are plenty of activities to keep everyone entertained, including hiking, camping, fishing, and skiing.
Things not to be missed
The best activities near White Mountain National Forest in New Hampshire are hiking, camping, fishing, and mountain biking. Some things not to be missed are the views from Mount Washington, the Presidential Range, and the Franconia Ridge.
1. Hiking: There are over 800 miles of hiking trails in the White Mountain National Forest. Trails vary in difficulty, so there is something for everyone.
2. Fishing: The White Mountain National Forest is home to many trout streams. Anglers will find plenty of opportunities to catch trout.
3. Camping: There are numerous campgrounds in the White Mountain National Forest. Campers can choose from tent camping to RV camping.
4. Climbing: The White Mountain National Forest is a popular destination for climbers. There are many challenging climbs to be found in the forest.
5. Skiing: The White Mountain National Forest is home to several ski resorts, including Bretton Woods and Cannon Mountain. Skiers will find plenty of slopes to enjoy.
Where to eat?
1. The Alpine Club of New Hampshire in Crawford Notch. This is a private club, but members and their guests can enjoy a meal in the rustic setting.
2. The Glen House in Pinkham Notch. This historic hotel has been serving meals to hikers and climbers since 1876.
3. The Mount Washington Hotel in Bretton Woods. This luxurious hotel is known for its fine dining, including a Sunday brunch that is considered one of the best in the region.
4. The Lost River Gorge and Boulder Caves in North Woodstock. This unique attraction offers a restaurant inside a cave.
5. The Flume Gorge in Lincoln. This natural wonder features a visitor center with a restaurant overlooking the gorge.