Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Groton State Forest is a beautiful place to explore in Vermont. There are over 12,000 acres of forest to wander through, and plenty of wildlife to see. The forest is also home to some interesting geological features, like the 500-foot-deep Groton Gorge. Visitors can enjoy hiking, biking, fishing, and camping in the forest. There are also several interpretive trails that offer information about the history and ecology of the area.
From sunrise to sunset
The Groton State Forest is located in Groton, Vermont. To get to the start of the trails, take exit 9 off of I-89 and head east on VT-232. The forest will be on your left.
The Groton State Forest is a great place to visit for a variety of reasons. The forest is home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, bears, and bobcats. Visitors can enjoy hiking and biking on the many trails that wind through the forest, or fishing in one of the many lakes and ponds. There is also a campground available for visitors who want to stay overnight.
Yes, Groton State Forest is a great place for the whole family. There are plenty of activities to keep everyone busy, including hiking, biking, fishing, and camping.
The best activities near Groton State Forest in Vermont include hiking, biking, fishing, and camping. Groton State Forest is also home to the Bennington Battle Monument, which is a must-see for history buffs.
1. Hiking - There are over 30 miles of hiking trails in Groton State Forest, ranging from easy to difficult.
2. Fishing - The forest is home to a variety of fish, including trout, bass, and catfish.
3. Boating - Visitors can enjoy boating on the forest's two lakes.
4. Camping - There are six campgrounds in the forest, which offer a variety of camping options.
5. Picnicking - There are several picnic areas in the forest, which offer beautiful views of the lakes and forests.
1. The Alchemist Pub and Brewery in Waterbury, Vermont
2. Hen of the Wood in Burlington, Vermont
3. Doc Ponds in Stowe, Vermont
4. Misery Loves Co. in Winooski, Vermont