The Mount Independence trails are located in Orwell, Vermont. To get to the start of the trails, take exit 9 off of I-89 and head east on Route 74. The trailhead will be on your left.
Why visit Mount Independence
The Mount Independence State Historic Site in Vermont is a great place to visit for a number of reasons. Firstly, the site offers stunning views of Lake Champlain and the Adirondack Mountains. Secondly, the site is home to a variety of historical buildings and ruins, which offer a glimpse into life in 18th century America. Finally, the site is also home to a number of hiking trails, which allow visitors to explore the area's natural beauty.
Is Mount Independence in Vermont a good place for the whole family?
There is no definitive answer to this question as each family is different and has different needs and wants. However, Mount Independence is a great place for families to visit as it offers a variety of activities and attractions that are sure to please everyone in the family.
Things not to be missed
The best activities near Mount Independence in Vermont include hiking, biking, and fishing. A bref description not to be missed would be the beautiful views of the mountains and the river.
1. Hiking: There are a number of hiking trails in the area, including the Mount Independence Trail, which offers great views of the area.
2. Swimming: There are a few swimming holes in the area, including the one at Mount Independence.
3. Boating: The Battenkill River is a great place to boat and offers some beautiful scenery.
4. Fishing: The Battenkill River is also a great place to fish.
5. Picnicking: There are a few picnic areas in the area, including one at Mount Independence.
Where to eat?
1. The Alchemist Pub and Brewery in Waterbury, Vermont
2. Hen of the Wood in Burlington, Vermont
3. The Bobcat Cafe in Bristol, Vermont
4. Sodbuster's in Middlebury, Vermont
5. Worthy Burger in South Royalton, Vermont