Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Sterling Pond Trail is a moderate hike located in the Green Mountain National Forest in Vermont. The trailhead is easily accessible from the road and there is ample parking. The hike is 2.5 miles long and follows a gradual incline to the summit of Sterling Pond. The views from the summit are spectacular, with 360-degree views of the surrounding mountains. The hike is mostly wooded, with a few open areas that offer great views of the pond. The trail is well-marked and easy to follow. There are a few creek crossings, but they are all easily navigated. The hike is a great option for a peaceful nature hike close to home.
From sunrise to sunset
The Sterling Pond Trail is located in the town of Rochester, Vermont. To get to the trailhead, take Route 100 north from Rutland, Vermont for about 9 miles. Turn left onto Sterling Pond Road and drive for about 1.5 miles until you reach the trailhead parking area on the right.
The Sterling Pond Trail in Vermont is a great place to visit for a number of reasons. Firstly, the trail offers stunning views of Sterling Pond and the surrounding mountains, making it the perfect spot to enjoy a peaceful hike or picnic. Secondly, the trail is well-maintained and easy to navigate, making it perfect for beginner hikers. Finally, the trail is located close to several other popular Vermont attractions, such as the Ben & Jerry's Factory and the Shelburne Museum, making it the perfect spot to spend a day or weekend exploring everything Vermont has to offer.
The Sterling Pond Trail is a great place for the whole family. It is a moderate hike with beautiful views of the pond.
The best activities near Sterling Pond Trail in Vermont include hiking, fishing, and camping.
1. Hiking - The Sterling Pond Trail is a great place for a hike, with beautiful views of the pond and the surrounding forest.
2. Fishing - The pond is a great place to fish, with plenty of trout and bass.
3. Swimming - The pond is a great place to take a swim on a hot day.
4. Picnicking - There are several great spots along the trail to have a picnic.
5. Birdwatching - The trail is home to many different types of birds, making it a great place for birdwatching.
1. The Alchemist Pub and Brewery in Waterbury, Vermont
2. Prohibition Pig in Waterbury, Vermont
3. Hen of the Wood in Burlington, Vermont
4. Farmhouse Tap and Grill in Burlington, Vermont
5. Blackback Pub in Waterbury, Vermont