Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
Sundance Canyon is a beautiful and secluded canyon located in the Rocky Mountains of Alberta, Canada. The canyon is about 8 km long and ranges in width from 50 to 100 meters. The walls of the canyon are made of limestone and shale, and are home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, elk, and mountain goats. The canyon is also a popular destination for hikers, climbers, and mountain bikers.
From sunrise to sunset
The Sundance Canyon trails are located in the Sundance Canyon Provincial Park, which is about a 2-hour drive from Calgary. From Calgary, take Highway 1 (Trans-Canada Highway) east to Cochrane. Take the exit for Highway 22 and drive south for about 20 minutes. Turn left onto Highway 9 and drive for about 10 minutes until you reach the park entrance.
Sundance Canyon is a beautiful and unique place to visit in Alberta. The canyon is located in the Rocky Mountains and is known for its stunning scenery and abundance of wildlife. Visitors can enjoy hiking, biking, fishing, and camping in the canyon, and there are also several waterfalls and other natural attractions to explore. The canyon is also home to a variety of animals, including elk, deer, bears, and wolves, so visitors can enjoy wildlife sightings as well.
Sundance Canyon is a great place for the whole family. There are plenty of activities to keep everyone entertained, including hiking, biking, fishing, and wildlife viewing.
The best activities near Sundance Canyon in Alberta are hiking, biking, and fishing.
1. Hiking: There are a number of hiking trails in and around Sundance Canyon, offering beautiful views of the surrounding area.
2. Fishing: The canyon is a popular spot for fishing, with plenty of trout to be caught.
3. Horseback Riding: Visitors can enjoy horseback riding through the canyon and its stunning surroundings.
4. Wildlife Viewing: The area is home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, elk, and bears, making for some great wildlife viewing opportunities.
5. Photography: The scenery in and around Sundance Canyon is perfect for photography enthusiasts.
1. The Wildflower Cafe - This cafe is located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains and is known for its fresh, local ingredients.
2. The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company - This brewery is known for its delicious craft beers and pub food.
3. The Alpine Club of Canada - This club is located in the heart of the Rockies and is known for its amazing views and delicious food.
4. The Banff Gondola - This gondola takes you to the top of Sulphur Mountain where you can enjoy a meal at the Summit Restaurant.
5. The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel - This hotel is known for its world-class dining options, including the award-winning Waldhaus Restaurant.