Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
What is the elevation of Survey Peak?
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
Survey Peak is located in the Canadian Rockies, in Alberta. It's a popular destination for hikers and climbers, as it offers stunning views of the surrounding area. The peak can be reached via a moderate hike, and the summit is at an elevation of 2,915 meters (9,569 feet). The views from the top are absolutely breathtaking, and on a clear day, you can see all the way to the prairies. The hike to the summit is definitely worth the effort, and if you're lucky, you may even spot some wildlife along the way.
From sunrise to sunset
The Survey Peak trails are located in the Kananaskis Country area of Alberta. To get to the start of the trails, take Highway 40 south from Calgary and turn left onto the Smith-Dorrien Trail (Highway 742). Continue on the Smith-Dorrien Trail for about 24 km until you reach the signed trailhead parking lot on the right side of the road.
The Survey Peak in Alberta is a great place to visit because it offers stunning views of the surrounding area. The peak is located in the Rocky Mountains, and from the summit, visitors can see the glaciers, valleys, and forests that make up this beautiful region. The hike to the summit is also enjoyable, as it passes through a variety of different landscapes.
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on what each family is looking for in a vacation spot. Some people might find Survey Peak to be a great place to spend time with their family, while others might find it to be too remote or lacking in certain amenities.
Near Survey Peak, there are great activities to enjoy such as hiking, camping, fishing, and wildlife viewing. However, some not to be missed activities include the hike to the summit of Survey Peak for stunning views of the surrounding area and the hike to Pocaterra Cirque for a beautiful alpine meadow surrounded by mountains.
1. Hiking - Survey Peak is a great hiking destination with stunning views of the surrounding area.
2. Wildlife Viewing - There is abundant wildlife in the area around Survey Peak, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled while hiking!
3. Photography - The scenery around Survey Peak is perfect for photography enthusiasts. Capture some amazing photos while enjoying a hike in this beautiful area.
1. The Rooftop at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel - offers stunning views of the Rocky Mountains and the town of Banff. Menu items include Alberta bison, elk and wild boar.
2. The Grizzly House - located in a cave in the side of a mountain, this restaurant offers a unique dining experience with dishes such as elk, bison and wild boar.
3. The Keg Steakhouse and Bar - this steakhouse is located in a historic building in the town of Banff and offers a wide variety of steak and seafood dishes.
4. The Bison Restaurant - located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, this restaurant offers fresh, local cuisine including bison, elk and trout.
5. The Juniper Bistro - located in the heart of Jasper National Park, this restaurant offers regional Canadian cuisine with dishes such as elk, bison and trout.