Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
What is the level of difficulty of Réserve Nationale De Faune Du Lac Saint-françois ?
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
Friends of the Lake St. Francis National Wildlife Refugeéois de la Montérégie is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting and promoting the refuge. The organization was founded in 2006 by volunteers who recognized the lack of a conservation and development organization for Lake St. Francis. The Friends of the Lake St. Francis National Wildlife Area is an organization whose mission is to protect and promote the area. The organization's objectives are:
- The protection and conservation of natural habitats and the animal and plant species that inhabit them,
- Raising public awareness of the importance of biodiversity,
- The development of educational and recreational activities that promote a greater knowledge and appreciation of the réserve.
From sunrise to sunset
To get to the trailhead of Les amis de la réserve nationale de faune du Lac Saint-François, you must go to Sainte-Julie.
Lake Saint-Francis is located in the Montérégie region, about 40 kilometers east of Montreal. This national wildlife area is a favorite place for birdwatchers, as it abounds in migratory birds. In spring and summer, hundreds of species of birds can be observed, including ducks, swans, herons and egrets. The river that runs through the lake is also a fisherman's paradise, as it is home to a wide variety of fish, including pike, perch and walleye.
Friends of the Lake St. Francis National Wildlife Area in Montérégie is a must-see for nature lovers. This reserve offers a multitude of activities and services, including a picnic area, hiking and biking trails, a beach and fishing facilities.
- A visit to the Lake St. Francis National Wildlife Refuge is a must-do activity. This reserve is located on the shores of the lake and consists of a vast expanse of forest and marsh. It is a haven for many species of birds, mammals and reptiles.
- For nature lovers, walking along the footpaths that wind through the forest is also very popular.
- Water sports enthusiasts can enjoy canoeing or kayaking on the lake.
- For history buffs, it is interesting to visit the ruins of the Lassonde Castle, which dates back to the 17th century.
1. At the foot of the falls
2. In a hidden sugar shack
3. Among the trees
4. On an island
5. In a park