Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
What is the elevation of Samson Peak?
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
Samson Peak is located in the Canadian Rockies, in Alberta. It's a popular destination for hikers and climbers, with a summit elevation of 2,865 meters (9,396 feet). The peak is named for the biblical figure Samson, who was known for his great strength.
The hike to the summit of Samson Peak is a challenging one, but the views are worth it. The route passes through alpine meadows and scree slopes, with great views of the surrounding peaks. The summit is marked by a cairn, and from there you can see all the way to the Columbia Icefield.
Samson Peak is a popular climbing destination as well, with routes of all difficulty levels. The easiest route is Class 3, while the most difficult is Class 5.5. With its great views and challenging climbs, Samson Peak is sure to please hikers and climbers of all abilities.
From sunrise to sunset
The Samson Peak trails are located in the Kananaskis Country area of Alberta. To get to the start of the trails, take Highway 40 south from Calgary and turn left onto the Smith-Dorrien/Spray Lakes Road (Highway 742). Continue on the Smith-Dorrien/Spray Lakes Road for about 26 kilometers and turn right onto the Upper Kananaskis Lake Road. The trailhead is located about 5 kilometers down the Upper Kananaskis Lake Road.
Samson Peak is a beautiful mountain located in the Canadian Rockies near the town of Canmore. At an elevation of 2,828 meters (9,300 feet), it offers stunning views of the surrounding area. The peak can be reached via a moderate hike that takes about four hours round trip. The trail is well marked and passes through a variety of landscapes, including forests, meadows, and alpine tundra. The summit of Samson Peak is a great place to take in the surrounding scenery or enjoy a picnic lunch.
Samson Peak is a great place for the whole family. There are plenty of activities to keep everyone entertained, including hiking, camping, fishing, and wildlife viewing.
Near Samson Peak in Alberta, the best activities include hiking, camping, and fishing. A bref description not to be missed would be the incredible views from the top of the peak.
1. Hiking - The hiking trails near Samson Peak offer beautiful views of the surrounding area.
2. Wildlife Viewing - The area is home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, elk, and bears.
3. Fishing - The area is home to a number of trout streams, making it a popular destination for anglers.
4. Camping - There are a number of campsites in the area that offer great views of the surrounding landscape.
5. Photography - The area is a great place to take photographs due to its scenic landscapes and abundance of wildlife.
1. The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company in Canmore is a great place to eat near Samson Peak. They have a wide variety of food options, and their beer is delicious!
2. The Keg Steakhouse & Bar in Banff is also a great place to eat near Samson Peak. They have a wide variety of food options, and their steaks are amazing!
3. The Bison Restaurant in Banff is a great place to eat near Samson Peak. They have a wide variety of food options, and their bison dishes are delicious!