Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
What is the elevation of Marvel Peak?
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Marvel Peak is located in Alberta, Canada and is a part of the Rocky Mountains. At an elevation of 10,878 feet, it is the sixth highest peak in the Rockies. The peak is known for its challenging climbing routes and stunning views. The most popular route to the summit is the North Ridge, which is a Class 3 scramble. The peak can also be climbed in winter, making it a popular destination for mountaineers.
From sunrise to sunset
The Marvel Peak is located in the Kananaskis Country of Alberta. To get to the start of the trails, take the Trans-Canada Highway 1 to the exit for Kananaskis Country. Follow the signs to the Peter Lougheed Provincial Park. The Marvel Peak is located in the north-west corner of the park.
Marvel Peak is a mountain located in Alberta, Canada. At an elevation of 2,959 m (9,719 ft), it is the sixth-highest peak in the province. The mountain was named in 1898 by J. Norman Collie after his friend and climbing partner, A.W. Moore, who had died on the mountain the previous year. The first ascent of the peak was made in 1903 by J. Norman Collie and W.A.B. Coolidge.
The mountain is a popular destination for climbers and hikers, offering excellent views of the surrounding area. The peak can be reached via a number of routes, including the North Ridge (Class 3), the Southwest Ridge (Class 4), and the East Face (Class 5).
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on the family's individual interests and abilities. Some families may find Marvel Peak a great place to explore the outdoors and enjoy nature, while others may find the trails too challenging.
Near Marvel Peak in Alberta, the best activities include hiking, camping, and fishing.
1. Marvel Peak Hiking: Marvel Peak is a great hike for all levels of hikers. The trailhead is easily accessible and the hike is not too difficult, making it a perfect hike for a summer day. The views from the top of Marvel Peak are stunning and definitely worth the effort.
2. Marvel Lake Fishing: Marvel Lake is a great spot for fishing. The lake is stocked with trout and offers great fishing opportunities for all levels of anglers.
3. Mount Assiniboine Hiking: Mount Assiniboine is a beautiful mountain located in Banff National Park. The hike to the summit is challenging but the views from the top are worth the effort.
4. Sunshine Meadows Hiking: Sunshine Meadows is a beautiful alpine meadow located in Banff National Park. The hike to the meadows is easy and offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
5. Moraine Lake Boat Tour: Moraine Lake is one of the most popular lakes in Banff National Park and for good reason. The lake is stunning and offers amazing views of the surrounding mountains. A boat tour of the lake is a must-do activity when visiting Banff National Park.
1. The Ledge Restaurant - Banff
2. Grizzly House - Banff
3. The Keg Steakhouse & Bar - Banff
4. Park Distillery - Banff
5. Whitebark Cafe - Lake Louise
6. Moraine Lake Lodge Dining Room - Lake Louise
7. Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise - Lake Louise