Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
Wedgemount Lake is a beautiful turquoise alpine lake located in Garibaldi Provincial Park, near Whistler, British Columbia. The Wedgemount Lake Trail is a moderate hike that takes about 4-5 hours to complete and offers stunning views of the surrounding glaciers and mountains. The trail begins at the Wedgemount Lake parking lot and follows a well-marked path through the forest. After a few miles, the trail emerges from the trees and hikers are rewarded with breathtaking views of the surrounding glaciers and mountains. The trail continues to follow the edge of Wedgemount Lake, offering ever-changing scenery, before reaching the end of the lake where hikers are treated to an amazing view of Wedge Mountain. The trail then begins to climb uphill, passing several glaciers along the way, before reaching the summit of Wedge Mountain. From here, hikers can enjoy 360-degree views of the surrounding mountains and glaciers. The return trip follows the same route back to the parking lot.
From sunrise to sunset
The Wedgemount Lake Trail is located in Garibaldi Provincial Park, British Columbia. The park is about a 2-hour drive from Vancouver. To get to the start of the trails, take Highway 99 to Squamish and then follow the signs to Garibaldi Provincial Park.
Wedgemount Lake is a stunningly beautiful alpine lake located in Garibaldi Provincial Park, near Whistler, British Columbia. The Wedgemount Lake Trail is a challenging 11-kilometre hike that gains 1,100 metres of elevation, but the effort is well worth it, as the views of the surrounding mountains and glaciers are simply breathtaking. The trailhead is located just outside of the small town of Garibaldi Highlands, and the hike takes approximately six hours to complete.
Wedgemount Lake Trail is a good place for the whole family.
Near Wedgemount Lake Trail, there are great activities to enjoy such as hiking, camping, and fishing. However, some not to be missed attractions include the Wedgemount Lake itself, as well as the views of the surrounding mountains.
1. Hiking - The Wedgemount Lake Trail is a challenging hike that takes you up to the stunning Wedgemount Lake. The views from the top are absolutely incredible and definitely worth the effort.
2. Camping - There are several great camping spots near the Wedgemount Lake Trail, so if you're looking for an outdoor adventure, this is a great option.
3. Fishing - The lake is a great spot for fishing, so if you're into that kind of thing, be sure to bring your gear.
4. Swimming - The lake is also a great spot for swimming, so if you're looking to cool off, this is a great place to do it.
5. Wildlife Viewing - The area around the Wedgemount Lake Trail is home to some amazing wildlife, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled while you're hiking. You might just see something amazing!
1. The Wedgemount Lake Lodge
2. The Wedgemount Lake Hut
3. The Wedgemount Lake Shelter
4. The Wedgemount Lake Cabin
5. The Wedgemount Lake Hut