Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Ariegean Pyrenees Regional Nature Park is located in Occitania, in the departments of Ariège and Hautes-Pyrénées. It consists of mountains, forests and valleys. Its landscapes are varied and offer a great diversity of fauna and flora.
The park is composed of three main zones: the Pyrenean zone, the Mediterranean zone and the Atlantic zone. The Pyrenean zone consists of mountains and forests. The Mediterranean area is made up of hills and valleys. The Atlantic zone consists of plains and lakes.
The park is crossed by several rivers, including the Tarn, Garonne, Aude, and Ariège. These rivers have carved out gorges and canyons that are very spectacular.
The park is also rich in history. Many historical sites are located there, such as the castle of Montségur or the cave of Niaux.
The Regional Natural Park of the Ariegean Pyrenees is an ideal place for nature lovers and sports. In particular, hiking, mountain biking, climbing and rafting are practiced here.
From sunrise to sunset
The trailhead for the Ariegean Pyrenees Regional Nature Park is located in Saint-Lizier, in the Occitanie region.
The Ariegean Pyrenees Regional Nature Park is located in Occitania, in the Pyrenees. It consists of mountains, forests and valleys. It is ideal for hikers and nature lovers. There are many animal and plant species.
The activities to do around the Ariegean Pyrenees Regional Natural Park are numerous! Hiking, mountain biking, climbing, canyoning, rafting, fishing, horseback riding, golf... there is something for everyone. Plus, this area is beautiful and has great scenery to enjoy.
Activities to do near the Ariegean Pyrenees Regional Nature Park in Occitania include hiking, biking, climbing and caving. Things not to miss include picturesque villages, snow-capped peaks and spectacular caves.
1. In the heart of the park, La Bergerie restaurant offers traditional, local cuisine.
2. A few kilometers away, discover the restaurant L'Auberge du Pays de Sault which offers inventive and refined cuisine.
3. For lovers of fresh and local products, head to the Au Fil du Temps restaurant in Saint-Girons.
4. If you prefer Italian specialties, head to La Trattoria restaurant in Saint-Girons.
5. To end on a high note, don't hesitate to take a trip to the gastronomic restaurant L'Embuscade in Tarascon-sur-Ariège.