Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Sterling Forest Fire Tower is a historic fire tower located in Sterling Forest State Park in Tuxedo, New York. The tower was built in 1933 by the Civilian Conservation Corps and is the oldest remaining fire tower in the park. The tower is made of steel and has an observation deck that offers views of the park and the surrounding area. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2002.
From sunrise to sunset
The Sterling Forest Fire Tower is located in Sterling Forest State Park in Tuxedo, New York. The park is accessible from Route 17 and the Palisades Parkway.
The Sterling Forest Fire Tower is a historic site in New York that offers visitors a unique opportunity to experience life in a fire tower. The tower was built in 1931 and is now open to the public for tours. Visitors can climb the tower to get a view of the surrounding area, and learn about the history of firefighting in the United States.
The Sterling Forest Fire Tower is a great place for the whole family. There are many activities to do such as hiking, fishing, and bird watching.
There are many great activities near Sterling Forest Fire Tower in New York, including hiking, biking, and fishing. However, one activity not to be missed is the Sterling Forest Fire Tower itself. The tower offers stunning views of the surrounding area, and is a great place to spend a sunny day.
1. Hiking: There are miles of hiking trails in Sterling Forest, many of which offer great views of the surrounding area.
2. Fishing: The forest is home to a variety of fish, including trout, bass, and catfish.
3. Horseback Riding: There are several equestrian trails in Sterling Forest that offer riders beautiful views of the forest.
4. Picnicking: There are several picnic areas in Sterling Forest with tables and grills for cooking.
5. Camping: There are several campgrounds in Sterling Forest with sites for tents and RVs.
1. Sterling Forest Diner - This diner is located in the heart of the Sterling Forest and is known for its great food and friendly service.
2. The Boathouse - This restaurant is located on the banks of the Ramapo River and offers a great view of the river and the forest. They serve a variety of American cuisine including burgers, sandwiches, and salads.
3. The Old Stone Inn - This inn is located in the heart of the forest and is known for its great food and charming atmosphere. They serve a variety of American cuisine including burgers, sandwiches, and salads.