Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Middle Head Hiking Trail is a moderate, 2.5 kilometer hike located in the town of Middle Head, Nova Scotia. The trail takes hikers through a variety of landscapes, including forests, meadows, and rocky coastline. The hike is well-marked and relatively easy, making it a great option for beginner hikers. The trail offers beautiful views of the surrounding area, and is a great way to explore the natural beauty of Nova Scotia.
From sunrise to sunset
The Middle Head Hiking Trail is located in the Halifax Regional Municipality. To get to the start of the trails, take exit 3 from Highway 102 and drive east on Purcell's Cove Road. The trailhead is located at the end of the road.
The Middle Head Hiking Trail is a great place to visit if you are looking for a challenging hike with beautiful views. The trail is 8.5 km long and takes around four hours to complete. It winds its way through the forest and up the hills, providing stunning views of the ocean and the surrounding area. The trail is well-marked and relatively easy to follow, but there are a few steep sections that can be challenging. There are also a few areas where you have to scramble over rocks, so be sure to wear appropriate shoes.
The Middle Head Hiking Trail is a good place for the whole family. The trail is easy to moderate in difficulty, and is about 2.5 km long.
The best activities near Middle Head Hiking Trail in Nova Scotia are hiking, biking, and birdwatching.
1. Whale watching - Middle Head is a great place to watch whales from the shore.
2. Bird watching - The area is home to a variety of bird species, making it a great spot for bird watching.
3. Fishing - The area is popular for fishing, with a variety of fish species available to catch.
4. Picnicking - The area offers several great spots for picnicking, with beautiful views to enjoy while you eat.
5. Relaxing on the beach - The beach at Middle Head is a great place to relax and take in the natural beauty of the area.
1. The Wooden Monkey- located in the heart of downtown Halifax, this restaurant is known for its fresh and local ingredients.
2. The Canteen- also located in downtown Halifax, this restaurant focuses on healthy and affordable food options.
3. The Local- a pub located in the North End of Halifax, they serve up traditional pub fare with a focus on local ingredients.
4. The Five Fishermen- an award winning seafood restaurant located in the heart of the historic district of Halifax.
5. The Rusty Anchor- a waterfront seafood restaurant located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.