Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Catherine Valley Trail is a beautiful, paved bicycle trail and hiking trail that winds through the heart of the Finger Lakes region of New York. The trail follows the Catherine Valley, passing by picturesque farms, vineyards, and orchards, as well as charming small towns and villages. The trail is perfect for a leisurely ride or walk, and is a great way to experience the natural beauty and history of the Finger Lakes region.
From sunrise to sunset
The Catherine Valley Trail is located in the town of Hartwick, New York. To get to the start of the trails, take NY-80 east from Oneonta. After about 9 miles, turn left onto County Road 10 (Catherine Valley Trail Road). The trailhead will be on your right after about 1.5 miles.
The Catherine Valley Trail is a beautiful, serene trail that offers cyclists and hikers a chance to explore the natural beauty of New York's Catskill Mountains. The trail winds its way through the valley, providing stunning views of the surrounding mountains and forests. Wildlife can be seen throughout the area, and the trail is a great place to spot deer, turkeys, and other animals. The trail is also home to a variety of plant life, including wildflowers and shrubs.
The Catherine Valley Trail is a good place for the whole family.
Near Catherine Valley Trail (Bicycle Trail and Hiking), there are many great activities and attractions to enjoy. Some of the best include hiking and biking the trail itself, visiting Letchworth State Park, exploring the Genesee Valley, and checking out the local wineries. However, there are many other great things to do in the area, so be sure to explore and find what interests you the most.
1. Hiking and biking the Catherine Valley Trail. This beautiful, paved trail winds through the heart of the Catskills, offering stunning views of the mountains and valleys.
2. Visiting the waterfalls near the trail. There are several lovely waterfalls in the area, including Kaaterskill Falls and Indian Head Falls.
3. Enjoying a picnic lunch in the park. There are several beautiful parks near the trail where you can enjoy a peaceful picnic lunch.
4. Taking a scenic drive through the Catskills. The Catskills are a beautiful area, and there are plenty of scenic drives to enjoy.
5. Hiking or biking one of the other trails in the area. The Catskills are home to many great hiking and biking trails, so be sure to explore some of them while you're in the area.
1. The Boiler Room in Geneva, NY
2. The Crow's Nest in Penn Yan, NY
3. The Grist Mill in Naples, NY
4. The Inn at Glenora Wine Cellars in Dundee, NY
5. The Keuka Brewing Company in Hammondsport, NY
6. The Lodge at Watkins Glen in Watkins Glen, NY
7. Maxie's Supper Club in Rushville, NY
8. Red Newt Cellars Bistro and Inn in Hector, NY