Why visit Harlem Valley Rail Trail
The Harlem Valley Rail Trail is a great place to visit for a number of reasons. Firstly, the trail is well maintained and offers beautiful scenery as you walk or bike along it. Secondly, the trail is not too crowded, so you can enjoy a peaceful walk or ride without having to worry about people pushing past you. Finally, the trail is located in a convenient location, close to many restaurants and other attractions.
Is Harlem Valley Rail Trail in New York a good place for the whole family?
There is no definitive answer to this question since the Harlem Valley Rail Trail can be enjoyed by people of all ages and abilities. However, it is important to be aware that the trail does have some hills and may not be suitable for everyone.
Things not to be missed
The best activities near Harlem Valley Rail Trail in New York are hiking, biking, and bird watching. The trail is also great for fishing, although there are no designated spots.
1. Take a walk or bike ride on the Harlem Valley Rail Trail for stunning views of the Hudson River Valley.
2. Visit the historic Vanderbilt Mansion National Historic Site, which was once home to one of America's wealthiest families.
3. Explore the rolling hills and farmland of the Harlem Valley at the Olana State Historic Site.
4. Head to the town of Millerton for a variety of shops and restaurants.
5. Check out the art galleries and performance spaces in the charming town of Rhinebeck.
Where to eat?
1. Dinosaur Bar-B-Que: This restaurant is known for its delicious barbecue dishes.
2. Patsy's Pizzeria: This pizzeria is a Harlem institution and is known for its thin-crust pizza.
3. Red Rooster: This restaurant is known for its soul food dishes like fried chicken and waffles.
4. Sylvia's Restaurant: This restaurant is known for its Southern comfort food like fried chicken and macaroni and cheese.
5. The Cecil: This restaurant is known for its unique African-inspired cuisine.