Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Cleveland Dam is a concrete gravity dam on the Columbia River in British Columbia, Canada. It was constructed between 1954 and 1958 by the Columbia River Power Company, a subsidiary of General Electric. The dam is named for Samuel Cleveland, a vice president of the company. The dam's primary purpose is to generate hydroelectric power, and it has a generating capacity of 283 megawatts. The dam also regulates water flow for navigation and irrigation.
The Cleveland Dam is located in North Vancouver, British Columbia. To get to the start of the trails, take the exit for Capilano Road from Highway 1. Head east on Capilano Road and take the first left onto Cleveland Dam Road. The trailhead will be on your right.
The Cleveland Dam is a hydroelectric dam in British Columbia that was completed in 1941. The dam is a popular tourist destination because of its scenic views and its ability to generate electricity. The Cleveland Dam is also a popular spot for fishing, and it is home to several species of fish, including rainbow trout, kokanee salmon, and Dolly Varden trout.
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on what the family is looking for in a vacation spot. Cleveland Dam is a good place for families who enjoy spending time outdoors and enjoying nature. There are hiking trails, picnic areas, and a visitor center at the dam that offer plenty of things to do.
The best activities near Cleveland Dam in British Columbia are hiking, biking, and fishing. A bref description not to be missed near Cleveland Dam in British Columbia is the incredible view of the surrounding mountains and the rushing water of the dam.
1. Hiking: There are a number of great hiking trails near Cleveland Dam, including the popular Quarry and Gold Creek Trails.
2. Fishing: The area around Cleveland Dam is a great place to fish for trout.
3. Picnicking: There are several great spots near the dam for a picnic lunch.
4. Swimming: The waters below the dam are a great place to take a swim on a hot day.
5. Wildlife Viewing: The area around Cleveland Dam is home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, bears, and eagles.
1. The Boathouse Restaurant - This restaurant is located in Stanley Park and offers stunning views of the Vancouver skyline and the North Shore Mountains. The menu features fresh, local seafood.
2. Cactus Club Cafe - This popular chain restaurant is known for its creative cocktails and West Coast cuisine. It has several locations near Cleveland Dam, including one in Stanley Park and one on the waterfront in Coal Harbour.
3. Cardero's Restaurant - This upscale seafood restaurant is located in Coal Harbour near Cleveland Dam. It offers waterfront dining with panoramic views of the harbour and North Shore Mountains.
4. L'Abattoir Restaurant - This award-winning French-Canadian restaurant is located in Gastown, just a few blocks from Cleveland Dam. It offers seasonal menus with locally sourced ingredients.
5. The Flying Pig - This casual pub is located in the heart of Gastown and is a popular spot for locals and visitors alike. It offers a wide selection of pub fare, including burgers, sandwiches and salads.