Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
Kawkawa Lake is a serene and beautiful spot to spend a day or weekend. The lake is surrounded by forest and mountains, and it's perfect for swimming, fishing, canoeing, and kayaking. There's also a playground and a few small restaurants nearby. If you're looking for a peaceful escape from the city, Kawkawa Lake is definitely worth a visit!
From sunrise to sunset
The Kawkawa Lake trails can be accessed from the parking lot at the end of Kawkawa Lake Road.
The Kawkawa Lake is a beautiful place to visit in British Columbia. The lake is surrounded by mountains, and it is a great place for fishing, swimming, and boating. The scenery is beautiful, and the lake is a great place to relax and enjoy nature.
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on what the family is looking for in a vacation spot. Some potential pros of visiting Kawkawa Lake include its proximity to Vancouver, its scenic setting, and the range of activities available there (e.g. swimming, fishing, hiking, etc.). On the other hand, some potential cons could be the lake's relatively small size, which may not be ideal for those who want to swim or boat for long distances, and the lack of nearby amenities (e.g. restaurants, shops, etc.).
Near Kawkawa Lake in British Columbia, there are many great activities to enjoy. Some of the best include hiking and biking along the trails that surround the lake, fishing for trout and salmon, swimming, and canoeing and kayaking on the clear waters. There are also several picnic areas and campgrounds nearby where visitors can relax and take in the natural beauty of the area.
1. Kawkawa Lake Provincial Park - A beautiful park located on the shores of Kawkawa Lake, offering a variety of recreational activities including swimming, fishing, boating, and hiking.
2. Hope Mountain Trail - A challenging hike that offers stunning views of the surrounding area.
3. Hatzic Lake Provincial Park - A beautiful park with a variety of recreational activities, including swimming, fishing, and boating.
4. Fraser River - A popular spot for fishing and kayaking.
5. Mount Cheam - A challenging hike with stunning views of the surrounding area.
1. The Kettle Valley Railway Trestle - This is a hidden gem located in Myra Canyon just east of Kelowna. It's an old railway trestle that has been turned into a pedestrian and cyclist bridge with amazing views of the valley below. There are a few restaurants located along the route, but it's worth bringing a picnic lunch to enjoy while taking in the incredible scenery.
2. The Kettle Valley Steam Railway - Another hidden gem located in Myra Canyon just east of Kelowna. This is a restored railway that offers scenic train rides through the canyon. There are a few restaurants located along the route, but it's worth bringing a picnic lunch to enjoy while taking in the incredible scenery.
3. The Okanagan Rail Trail - This is a beautiful cycling and hiking trail that runs for over 60 km from Kelowna to Penticton. There are a few restaurants located along the route, but it's worth bringing a picnic lunch to enjoy while taking in the incredible scenery.
4. Gellatly Nut Farm - This is a beautiful farm located on the shores of Kawkawa Lake. They offer self-guided tours of their nut orchards, as well as a variety of food options including a cafe, ice cream shop, and bakery.
5. The Old Spaghetti Factory - This is a unique restaurant chain that specializes in serving Italian-style pasta dishes. They have locations in both Kelowna and Penticton, and both offer stunning views of the Okanagan Valley.