Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The John Boyd Thacher State Park is a beautiful park located in upstate New York. The park features stunning views of the Helderberg Escarpment and the Hudson River Valley. There are also plenty of activities to enjoy in the park, including hiking, biking, fishing, and camping. The park is also home to the John Boyd Thacher Observatory, which offers visitors amazing views of the night sky.
From sunrise to sunset
The easiest way to get to the start of the trails at John Boyd Thacher State Park is to take exit 23 off of the New York State Thruway. Once you are off of the exit, take a right onto Route 157. You will then take a left onto Route 85. The entrance to the park will be on your right.
The John Boyd Thacher State Park is a beautiful park located in upstate New York. The park is situated on the Helderberg Escarpment, which offers stunning views of the Hudson River Valley and the Catskill Mountains. The park is home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, coyotes, and bobcats. There are also several miles of hiking trails that wind through the park's forests and meadows. The park is a great place to visit year-round, but it is especially beautiful in the fall when the leaves are changing color.
Yes, John Boyd Thacher State Park is a great place for the whole family. There are plenty of activities to keep everyone entertained, including hiking, biking, fishing, and swimming. The park also has a playground and a picnic area.
The best activities near John Boyd Thacher State Park in New York are hiking, biking, and fishing.
1. Hiking: There are over 30 miles of hiking trails at John Boyd Thacher State Park, ranging from easy to difficult. The park's highest point is 1,267 feet above sea level, providing beautiful views of the surrounding area.
2. Picnicking: There are several picnic areas in the park, each with tables and grills.
3. Swimming: The park has a large swimming pool, as well as a smaller wading pool for children.
4. Fishing: The park has a number of ponds and streams that are popular for fishing.
5. Horseback Riding: There is a horseback riding trail in the park.
1. The Dinosaur BBQ - A local favorite for barbecue, this restaurant is known for its delicious ribs and pulled pork.
2. The Olde English Pub - This pub is a great place to enjoy a pint of beer and some traditional English fare like fish and chips or bangers and mash.
3. The Schenectady Diner - This 24-hour diner is a great place to get your fill of comfort food classics like burgers, fries, and milkshakes.
4. The Daily Grind - This coffee shop is the perfect place to relax with a cup of coffee and a pastry while enjoying the scenic views of the park.
5. Bella Napoli Pizzeria - If you're in the mood for some delicious pizza, Bella Napoli is the place to go. They have a wide variety of pizzas to choose from, as well as calzones, pasta dishes, and salads.