Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Gertrude's Nose / Minnewaska Trail is a hiking trail located in New York. The trail is approximately 8 miles long, and offers hikers beautiful views of the Hudson River Valley. The trail begins at the Gertrude's Nose Overlook, and winds its way through the woods and along the cliffs of the Shawangunk Ridge. Hikers can enjoy views of the Catskills, the Hudson River, and the surrounding countryside. The trail ends at the Minnewaska State Park Preserve, where hikers can explore the park's many trails and attractions.
From sunrise to sunset
The Gertrude's Nose / Minnewaska Trail is located in New York. To get to the start of the trails, take Route 299 west from New Paltz. Turn left on Route 44/55 and continue for about 2 miles. The entrance to the park will be on your right.
The Gertrude's Nose / Minnewaska Trail is a great place to visit in New York because it offers beautiful views of the Hudson Valley and the Catskill Mountains. The trail is also a great place for hiking, biking, and bird watching.
There is no definitive answer to this question since it depends on what the family is looking for in a hiking trail. Some families might find the Minnewaska Trail too difficult, while others might find it just right.
The best activities near Gertrude's Nose / Minnewaska Trail in New York are hiking, biking, and rock climbing.
1. Hiking: The trails at Minnewaska State Park Preserve offer stunning views of the Shawangunk Ridge and the Hudson Valley.
2. Rock Climbing: Gertrude's Nose is a popular spot for rock climbers, with routes for all levels of experience.
3. Swimming: The park has several swimming areas, including Lake Awosting and the Mohonk Preserve Quarry Pool.
4. Biking: There are more than 25 miles of biking trails in the park.
5. Horseback Riding: There are several horseback riding trails in the park.
1. The Gourmet Garage - This gourmet grocery store offers a wide variety of prepared foods, including sandwiches, salads, and hot dishes.
2. The Loft - This restaurant is located in a converted loft and serves American cuisine with a twist.
3. The Bistro at the Mountaintop - This restaurant is located on the top of a mountain and offers panoramic views of the surrounding area.
4. The Farmhouse - This farm-to-table restaurant serves fresh, seasonal cuisine sourced from local farms.
5. The Diner - This classic diner offers all-day breakfast and lunch menus, as well as a wide variety of diner classics.