Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Eternal Flame Hiking Trail is a moderate hike located in the Catskill Mountains of New York. The trail begins at an elevation of 2,000 feet and climbs to an elevation of 3,500 feet. The hike is 8 miles long and takes approximately 4 hours to complete. The trail passes through a variety of ecosystems, including hardwood forests, pine forests, and open meadows. The highlight of the hike is the view from the summit of Kaaterskill High Peak. The summit offers stunning views of the Hudson River Valley and the Catskill Mountains.
From sunrise to sunset
The Eternal Flame Hiking Trail is located in the Catskill Mountains of New York. The easiest way to get there is to drive to the town of Phoenicia and then take Route 214 west. The trailhead is located about 4 miles from Phoenicia.
The Eternal Flame Hiking Trail is a must-see for nature lovers visiting New York. The trail winds through the beautiful Catskill Mountains, providing stunning views of the surrounding countryside. The highlight of the hike is the natural gas flame that burns continuously at the summit, believed to be fueled by an underground river of gas.
There is no right or wrong answer to this question since it depends on what each individual family is looking for in a hiking trail. Some families might find Eternal Flame Hiking Trail to be too difficult, while others might find it to be the perfect challenge.
Near Eternal Flame Hiking Trail in New York, visitors can enjoy a variety of activities and attractions. Some of the best include hiking and biking the trails, fishing in the nearby lakes and rivers, picnicking in the parklands, and visiting the historic sites and museums.
1. Hiking: The Eternal Flame Trail is a great place for a hike with beautiful views of the Hudson River.
2. Picnicking: There are plenty of areas to picnic near the trail, with lovely views of the river and the mountains.
3. Fishing: The Hudson River is a great place to fish, and there are plenty of spots near the Eternal Flame Trail where you can do so.
4. Swimming: The river is also a great place to take a swim on a hot day.
5. Boating: You can enjoy a day on the water by renting a boat and taking it out on the Hudson River.
1. The Boilery in Ithaca, NY
2. The Gorges Grant in Trumansburg, NY
3. The Piggery in Ithaca, NY
4. The Farmhouse in Trumansburg, NY
5. The Finger Lakes Cider House in Interlaken, NY