Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
The Hurricane Mountain Fire Tower is a historic fire tower located in the Adirondack Mountains of New York. The tower was built in 1933 and is one of the oldest fire towers in the state. The tower is open to the public and offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains and forests.
From sunrise to sunset
The Hurricane Mountain Fire Tower is located in the Adirondack Park in New York. To get to the start of the trails, take exit 29 from Route 87 and drive east on County Route 6 for about 9 miles. The trailhead will be on your left.
The Hurricane Mountain Fire Tower is a great place to visit because it offers amazing views of the Adirondack Mountains. The tower is located in the town of Keene, New York, and it is open to the public from May to October. Visitors can climb the tower to get a better view of the surrounding area, and there is also a museum on site that features exhibits about the history of fire towers in New York.
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on what the family is looking for in a vacation spot. Some people might find the Hurricane Mountain Fire Tower to be a great place to spend time together, while others may find it to be too remote or challenging.
The best activities near Hurricane Mountain Fire Tower in New York are hiking and sightseeing. A bref description not to be missed is the beautiful view from the top of the tower.
The best activities near Hurricane Mountain Fire Tower in New York are hiking, camping, and fishing.
1. The Hurricane Mountain Fire Tower is located in the Adirondack Mountains near Keene, New York.
2. The tower is open to the public from May 1 to October 31.
3. There are several hiking trails that lead to the tower, including the Hurricane Mountain Trail, the Elk Lake Trail, and the Marcy Dam Trail.
4. The tower offers panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
5. There are several restaurants and cafes near the tower, including the Hurricane Mountain Inn, the Elk Lake Lodge, and the Paul Smith's College VIC.