The Street Mountain trailhead is located on the east side of the Hudson River, north of the village of North Creek. From North Creek, take NYS Route 28 north for about 9 miles. The trailhead is on the left side of the road, just past the bridge over the Hudson River.
Why visit Street Mountain, New York
The Street Mountain in the Adirondacks is a great place to visit for its stunning views and hiking trails. The summit of the mountain offers 360-degree views of the surrounding area, including the nearby peaks and valleys. There are also several hiking trails that lead to the summit, making it a great place for hikers of all levels.
Is Street Mountain, New York in Adirondacks a good place for the whole family?
There is no definitive answer to this question as the Adirondacks are a vast and varied area with something to offer everyone. That said, some areas of the Adirondacks are more family-friendly than others, and Street Mountain is not typically considered one of them.
Things not to be missed
The best activities near Street Mountain, New York in the Adirondacks are hiking, camping, fishing, and kayaking.
1. Hiking Street Mountain: This moderate hike offers great views of the surrounding area.
2. Fishing on the Schroon River: The Schroon River is a popular spot for fishing, with plenty of trout and salmon to be caught.
3. Boating on Schroon Lake: Schroon Lake is a large and beautiful lake, perfect for boating and swimming.
4. Camping in the Adirondacks: There are many great camping spots in the Adirondacks, perfect for enjoying nature.
5. Visiting the Adirondack Museum: The Adirondack Museum is a great place to learn about the history and culture of the area.
Where to eat?
1. The Gilded Otter in New Paltz, NY
2. The Hermitage in Tannersville, NY
3. The Mountain View Inn in Lake Placid, NY
4. The Whiteface Lodge in Wilmington, NY