Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
Surveyors Lake is a pristine mountain lake located in the heart of the Cariboo Mountains, near the town of 100 Mile House, British Columbia. The lake is a popular destination for fishing, camping, and hiking, and is well known for its excellent trout fishing. The lake is surrounded by forested mountains and is a beautiful sight to behold.
From sunrise to sunset
The easiest way to get to the start of the trails at Surveyors Lake is to drive east on Highway 3 from Princeton, BC for about 33 km until you reach the turnoff for the lake. The turnoff is well marked with a sign that says "Surveyors Lake Forest Service Road". Turn left onto the forest service road and drive for about 9 km until you reach the lake. The trailhead is located at the north end of the lake.
The Surveyors Lake is located in the Cariboo region of British Columbia and it is a popular spot for fishing, camping and hiking. The lake is known for its excellent trout fishing and it offers a variety of recreational activities for visitors. The area is also home to some beautiful scenery and it is a great place to relax and enjoy nature.
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on what the family is looking for in a vacation spot. Surveyors Lake is a beautiful location, and there are plenty of activities available in the area for people of all ages. However, some families may prefer a more bustling and lively environment, while others may prefer a more quiet and secluded setting.
The best activities near Surveyors Lake in British Columbia include hiking, fishing, and camping.
1. Hiking - Surveyors Lake is a great place for a hike with beautiful views of the lake and surrounding mountains.
2. Fishing - The lake is stocked with trout so it's a great place to go fishing.
3. Boating - There is a boat launch at the lake so you can enjoy a day on the water.
4. Swimming - The water is clean and refreshing so it's perfect for swimming.
5. Picnicking - There are several areas around the lake where you can set up a picnic lunch and enjoy the scenery.
1. The Boathouse Restaurant - This restaurant is located on the edge of Surveyors Lake and offers stunning views of the lake and the surrounding mountains. The menu features a variety of dishes, including seafood, steak, and pasta.
2. The Old Boot Eatery - This restaurant is located in a historic building that was once used as a blacksmith shop. The menu features a variety of dishes, including pizza, sandwiches, and salads.
3. The Lakeside Grill - This restaurant is located on the shore of Surveyors Lake and offers stunning views of the lake and the surrounding mountains. The menu features a variety of dishes, including burgers, chicken, and ribs.
4. The Rusty Nail Pub - This pub is located in a historic building that was once used as a blacksmith shop. The menu features a variety of dishes, including pizza, sandwiches, and salads.
5. The Grist Mill - This restaurant is located in a historic building that was once used as a grist mill. The menu features a variety of dishes, including burgers, chicken, and ribs.