Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
Head Lake is a beautiful, serene spot in Ontario that's perfect for a summer getaway. The lake is surrounded by lush forest and is great for swimming, fishing, and canoeing. There's also a small beach area that's perfect for sunbathing. Head Lake is the perfect place to relax and enjoy nature.
From sunrise to sunset
The Head Lake trails are located in the town of Kearney, Ontario. To get to the start of the trails, take Highway 11 north from Toronto to the town of Kearney. Turn left onto Head Lake Road and drive for about 1 kilometer until you reach the trailhead parking lot on the right side of the road.
The Head Lake region in Ontario is a popular tourist destination for a variety of reasons. The area is known for its pristine lakes and forests, as well as its abundance of outdoor recreational activities. Visitors can enjoy fishing, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, and camping in the beautiful natural surroundings. There are also several small towns in the area with shops and restaurants, and a few larger towns within easy driving distance for further amenities. The Head Lake region is a great place to get away from it all and enjoy some peace and quiet in nature.
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on what each family is looking for in a vacation spot. Some families might find Head Lake to be a great place to relax and enjoy the natural scenery, while others might prefer a more bustling and activity-filled environment.
The best activities near Head Lake in Ontario are swimming, fishing, and boating.
Some great activities near Head Lake in Ontario include hiking, fishing, and camping. The area is also home to some beautiful scenery, which makes for great photography opportunities.
1. The Blue Heron Restaurant in Buckhorn is a hidden gem on Head Lake. It's an intimate restaurant with a limited menu, but everything is made from scratch and is absolutely delicious.
2. The Boathouse in Peterborough is a popular spot on the lake, and for good reason - the food is amazing! They have a wide variety of dishes, including some that are unique to the Boathouse.
3. The Lockside Grill in Campbellford is a great place to stop for lunch or dinner. They have a large menu with something for everyone, and the views of the Trent-Severn Waterway are simply beautiful.
4. The Olde Stone Mill in Norwood is a restored mill that has been turned into a restaurant. It's a unique setting and the food is excellent.
5. The Whetstone Station Restaurant in Bracebridge is located in an old train station and it has a really cozy atmosphere. They serve up some of the best food in the area, and it's definitely worth a visit!