Let’s Answer Your Questions - FAQ
Is the place are families friendly?
Is there an information center / service center / reception?
Jarvis Lake is a beautiful, serene spot to spend a day fishing or camping. The lake is well-stocked with fish, and there are plenty of spots for a quiet picnic. The surrounding forest provides plenty of shade on a hot day, and the lake is perfect for swimming on a warm summer evening.
From sunrise to sunset
The Jarvis Lake trails are located in the town of Jarvis Lake, Alberta. To get to the start of the trails, take Highway 2 north from Calgary to the town of Cochrane. In Cochrane, take Highway 1 west towards Banff. In Banff, take the exit for Highway 93A (the Icefields Parkway). Drive north on the Icefields Parkway for about 90 minutes until you reach the town of Jasper. In Jasper, take the exit for Highway 16A (the Yellowhead Highway). Drive west on Highway 16A for about 15 minutes until you reach the town of Hinton. In Hinton, take the exit for Highway 40 (the Athabasca River Forest Service Road). Drive north on Highway 40 for about 30 minutes until you reach Jarvis Lake. The trailhead is located at the east end of Jarvis Lake.
The Jarvis Lake in Alberta is a great place to visit because it offers a wide variety of activities for people of all ages. The lake is perfect for swimming, fishing, and boating, and the surrounding area is full of beautiful forests and hills that are perfect for hiking and camping. In addition, the town of Rocky Mountain House is located nearby, which offers a variety of restaurants and shops.
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on what the family is looking for in a vacation spot. Jarvis Lake is a beautiful place with plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy, so it could be a good choice for families who enjoy spending time outdoors. However, there are also other places in Alberta that might be better suited for families with young children, such as Banff National Park or Calgary.
The best activities near Jarvis Lake in Alberta are fishing, hiking, and camping.
1. Hiking - There are a number of hiking trails in the area, including the popular Grizzly Trail.
2. Fishing - Jarvis Lake is a great spot for fishing, with plenty of trout and other fish to be caught.
3. Boating - Jarvis Lake is a great spot for boating, with plenty of room to explore.
4. Camping - There are a number of great camping spots near Jarvis Lake.
5. Wildlife Viewing - The area around Jarvis Lake is home to a variety of wildlife, including bears, deer, and elk.
1. The Blue Chair - A hidden cafe in a residential area near Jarvis Lake. They serve breakfast and lunch and have a great patio.
2. The Boathouse - A hidden restaurant on the edge of Jarvis Lake. They have a great deck overlooking the lake and serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
3. The Grist Mill - A hidden restaurant in a historic building near Jarvis Lake. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner and have a great patio.
4. The Mill - A hidden restaurant in a historic building near Jarvis Lake. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner and have a great patio.